• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
The Valentine's Day Massacre Obs--A snow job or does it only blow?

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not offically, but will confirm soon.

I can tall you eyeballing, though the answer will be affirmative.

This landscape is completely and utterly foreign to me.

Yeah - we are into "obscene" snow depth territory now. Things that shouldn't be lost under the snow are lost. My yard has a tons of contours - hills and stuff. All flat now. Flat everywhere.

We all bust...so that's a cheap shot

No it's not Will.  He was Negative on Every, Single, Post.  For 4 days.  Anytime someone MENTIONED something that could be positive, he'd Slam them.  Notice I've never Ever been Truly mad in my 9 years on these boards at Anyone saying we won't get Snow.  

This is Unprecedented.  I don't know what his deal was.  

No it's not Will.  He was Negative on Every, Single, Post.  For 4 days.  Anytime someone MENTIONED something that could be positive, he'd Slam them.  Notice I've never Ever been Truly mad in my 9 years on these boards at Anyone saying we won't get Snow.  

This is Unprecedented.  I don't know what his deal was.  

You have been an absolute idiot on more than one occasion of late.

Including that absolutely moronic FB status the other night that you eventually deleted.

I understand you are starting to make a name for yourself, but stop acting like you're entitled to treating people however you see fit.....that all catches up to you sooner or later.

I'll say you got 12-14" last Monday. That's what I had so doubt you were lower.

It's amazing how close we have been in snow totals this month, your elevation usually has you well ahead of me.

12/8. -SN. whiteout when the wind gusts. Peak gust of 20mph so far.

I think much of the difference we typically have is tied to ratios enhanced by temp.  Since all our storms have been cold events, I think that has had us run close together.

I wonder if I might make it below 0 before the day ends.  Probably not but it would be neat.

Snowing nicely.  Out to take a trudge to the beaver pond.  I should wear ski googles.

6.8/3

Yeah I eased off to 8-12 as well. Mid levels rule..we are only living in their world. I am sort of glad when others lowered to like 5-9..the idea of not reacting to lower QPF worked thanks to the mid levels. Looking back, the dynamics were there. 

Aint that the truth. :lol:

Strengthening mid-levels rarely ever fail to deliver.

If you think about it though, what do models do best? They do best with placement of upper level features (and filters down to mid-levels)...what they the worst at? Probably surface features with an emphasis on QPF and low level temperature boundaries/advection.

So when you have the rare times where the two are at great odds with eachother...which are you more likely to go with? The variable the models do best at or the variable they perform the worst at?

Archived