BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 16th/17th/18th Winter Wx

burgertime

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, its the DOC, and shorter range its NOT the best model, but this is a shift and actually closer to the NAM, but warmer.  DOC does have a warm bias at 2m, but IMHO I don't like that sign.  This is why I said last night and this morning if you are south of TN and NC you do NOT want a stronger lead wave. 

The precip shield is a good 100 miles north at hr 54 compared to last night (give or take).  Looks like the Euro might join the party.  Better late than never, eh? :)

:snowing:

It's basically an east-west swath from TN to NC and into VA.

euro is a disaster for a lot of folks in MS, alabama, ga and sc. . pretty incredible that we had a lot of the other models trend more favorable overall only to have the euro go the other way.

Yeah, if the Euro is the right solution, it's over for the Atlanta area. Another disappointing storm. I'll have to live vicariously through out N. Carolina folks.

euro is a disaster for a lot of folks in MS, alabama, ga and sc. . pretty incredible that we had a lot of the other models trend more favorable overall only to have the euro go the other way.

Not hard for me to believe. Typical frustration living in this part of the world. I thought someone said this was the EURO's "wheelhouse". If so, it's going to be miserable and cold with rain here.

Disaster as in cold rain? Or ice?

cold rain. Front end snow is gone and surface temps much warmer.  only north of a rome to toccoa line roughly is below freezing. it's also much drier than last nights run.

Sigh just when it looked like we were finally getting a handle on things, the euro completely throws everything back in dissarray for folks south of tn and nc.

cold rain. Front end snow is gone and surface temps much warmer.  only north of a rome to toccoa line roughly is below freezing. it's also much drier than last nights run.

Sigh just when it looked like we were finally getting a handle on things, the euro completely throws everything back in dissarray for folks south of tn and nc.

IDK...It IS The shorter range, and the DOC doesn't do the best in this range.  However, if we see the NAM stay up there, and a GFS coming close...WE have a problem.

Not hard for me to believe. Typical frustration living in this part of the world. I thought someone said this was the EURO's "wheelhouse". If so, it's going to be miserable and cold with rain here.

well I'm not ready to bite on it yet though since it's just one run. No sense in jumping off of cliffs because one run of one model doesn't look good.

Euro is all in on the front wave and nada on the back wave. Sheeze. WIll be interesting to see if eps members back it up.

Right now Euro seems on an island by itself with the lack of a 2nd wave, doesnt necessarily mean it is wrong though.

I thought we were getting close to a consensus with the GFS/GEFS/CMC/CMC-ENS and the 0z run of the Euro/EPS.  But now we are back to not knowing anything. Usually the EPS at this range doesn't differ that much from it's Op.  Changes were evident around 48 hours, maybe sooner.  Long way to go.

Archived