BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 16th/17th/18th Winter Wx

burgertime

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barely a flake makes it into south-central VA. Total cave to the EURO except worse for us on the northern fringe. At least the EURO showed an inch getting into southern VA.

Laughable winter continues. I would have never thought we'd ever see a total southern slider this winter.

Congrats, GA/SC/NC. Atlanta, GA will officially have more snow than me this winter. lolz

Not a flake makes it into VA. Total cave to the EURO except worse for us on the northern fringe. At least the EURO showed an inch getting into southern VA.

Laughable winter continues. I would have never thought we'd ever see a total southern slider this winter.

Congrats, GA/SC/NC. Atlanta, GA will officially have more snow than me this winter. lolz

You know your winter is bad if Atlanta has more snow than you. Atlanta cursed when it comes to snow events(last one officially over 6 inches was 1993 if I recall correctly).

in recap. gfs looks to start snow in nc points clt east to rdu around hr 54, then remains snow until hr 72 where it changes to ice/sleet for majority of nc other than gso north. then hr 84 changes back to snow as the low pulls out and remains snow until hr 99 and the event is over.

Wow! 33 hours of snow and 12 hours of sleet/ice. Huge impact storm.

if indeed the gfs is showing its warm bias rdu would be in for more snow than ice, not excited about the possibility of 9-12hrs of ice but we will see if the short range models show that as we get closer.

You and me both brother.  If we can keep the zr to .25 accrual or less I'm ok with that.  We can get hrs of plingers for all I care.

You and me both brother.  If we can keep the zr to .25 accrual or less I'm ok with that.  We can get hrs of plingers for all I care.

nonetheless we are in for a big time storm here for sure.  can't beat an initial thumping of snow with even more coming on the backside.  nothing better than snow falling during daylight.  it seems the gfs has trended slightly cooler for our area since the 00z run last night as it has crept the snow line ever so closer.  12z really isnt too far off of keeping us snow.

I can only see hr96 on the UKMet when it is off the mid-Atlantic coast, but it appears to be a little south of prior runs at that point

Are you looking at just the 5h panels of do you have the precip map as well? Just seeing if this cutoff is verifying on the Ukmet as well seeing as how it has been the most consistant.

Archived