BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb 1st/2nd Threat - Banter Thread

terpsnation

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big question is do I stay up for the euro with the risk of going to bed totally discouraged or do I sleep now hoping tomorrow is a brighter day when I click the panels?

I can't get anymore disappointed then I am now. I am expecting the GGEM to hold and then the Euro to come north :axe:

I like how people are all like....see, told you not to get excited. We were borderline and now its gone.

when most of the major models show a consensus on something 3-4 days out, you can't help but feel a bit optimistic about the chances.

That is why I was excited but then I remembered Wes days ago saying he favored a northern track but Bob talked me out of it and then I saw the 18z GEFS mean. eeek

I've got a dilemma. I'm flying to Vegas from IAD (Dulles) Monday at 9AM. If the storm dumps a foot of snow at IAD during the overnight, I assume the flight will be cancelled. That's life, but I've got room reservations at Vdara and can cancel without a penalty by 7PM Friday (tomorrow).

I really feel this storm will develop. The met on CBS Evening News even showed a track that would give the MA a foot. Topper is hinting that the Bread-o-Meter will be in effect. And most important, Matt is setting up timelines, Randy is getting the bus gassed up, and the CWG is 40% in favor of substantial snow.

Question: do you think there can be enough certainty in the forecast by 7PM tomorrow for me to decide to cancel the hotel reservations, and re-book if the storm fizzles (I doubt I can get anything close to the same rate).

Nobody cares that you're going to Vegas! except you.

IAD will not be shut down on Monday, so keep your hotel reservation. Nobody really cares where you are staying either.

Most Normal people take the later flights to Vegas! Why are you leaving so early?

I mean, one set of runs isn't reason to jump ship but did people forget what happened not even a week ago? The only time to feel totally confident about a storm here is when the last flake has fallen. 

First flakes will do for me.

For those that are in, relax. I was never fully in, and I don't feel any different after tonight's runs. It could go either way. That's fine. It's who we are.

We're all in. Every single one of us unless they can lie and pass a polygraph. The risk has been there since the beginning and nobody can say they know exactly how it goes down. Just hug canada until europe looks better.

We're all in. Every single one of us unless they can lie and pass a polygraph. The risk has been there since the beginning and nobody can say they know exactly how it goes down. Just hug canada until europe looks better.

I'm always in. No other way to be. No choice. When there's a chance you always have to commit, even if the pattern or seasonal trends say otherwise. When the odds are stacked the other way we always have to root for the miracle. This weekends storm is far from needing a miracle. Those who say that aren't in are liars or they wouldn't spend 18 hours a day on this board.

Archived