BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
1/25-1/26 Snow Threat

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to plan my sunday night sleep schedule and the models are making it tough...looks like we might get 2-3" by 3-4am...probably head to sleep then, and get 4 hours..

I am hoping for a shutdown or delay so I can enjoy it without the worries of sleep deprivation...

it looks like what Monday's event looked like Wed. night     lol

spin it, and they will come our way

Loop the GFS run. It just keeps diving lows right at or below us. I know some folks believe in seasonal trends or atmospheric memory or some stuff. This could be the ultimate example of it.

Yesterday's models were showing snow for this area, today, not so much. Can anyone give me thoughts for this area? RIC and just south seem to get overlooked in the discussion. I am thinking we still get some flakes here.

Although the vort does dig far south the moisture and dynamics are north of that around EZF and north as it appears now. As uncommon as it is, except for this year, for clippers to dig far enough south to nail the DC metro, it's even less common for clippers to dig far enough south to nail RIC Metro. It may dig even more but I doubt it. Most would agree RIC has different climo than DC...that said you may get still get some flakes out of this...and maybe more than a few...but who knows

Although the vort does dig far south the moisture and dynamics are north of that around EZF and north as it appears now. As uncommon as it is, except for this year, for clippers to dig far enough south to nail the DC metro, it's even less common for clippers to dig far enough south to nail RIC Metro. It may dig even more but I doubt it. Most would agree RIC has different climo than DC...that said you may get still get some flakes out of this...and maybe more than a few...but who knows

I do realize this, but clippers can drive this far south.Really not that uncommon.

Archived