Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Friday 01/09 Light snow event w/ Observations

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty nice squall line moving into the BTV area...snow has really picked up at the mountain.

Skied a few runs this morning with Ryan and Chris (?)...always fun to ski and talk weather a bit.

We were laughing because up till now the event had fallen apart up here with a D-1" on the mountain...and back home was getting S+.

Pretty nice squall line moving into the BTV area...snow has really picked up at the mountain.

Skied a few runs this morning with Ryan and Chris (?)...always fun to ski and talk weather a bit.

We were laughing because up till now the event had fallen apart up here with a D-1" on the mountain...and back home was getting S+.

How was their ability?

Any ski bears around at all?

...A FEW SNOW SQUALLS MAY AFFECT WESTERN MA AND NORTHERN CT LATE

THIS AFTERNOON/EARLY THIS EVENING IF THEY CAN SURVIVE EAST OF THE

BERKSHIRES...

A LINE OF SNOW SHOWERS AND EMBEDDED SNOW SQUALLS WERE WORKING

ACROSS CENTRAL NEW YORK EARLY THIS AFTERNOON. ITS POSSIBLE THAT

SOME OF THIS ACTIVITY MOVES INTO WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS AND

NORTHERN CONNECTICUT LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND EARLY THIS EVENING.

Today was fun and sucky... The fun was seeing SN+ for the first time in a while.  I am not sure what the final measurement at home was.

The suck was the commute from home in Hubbardston down Rte 2 to work. Usually a 25 minute ride took over an hour. Roads were a major disaster, plus spinouts, etc. made the traffic bad for much of it.

There was 2.5" or so when I dropped off my son at his bus, but not sure what happened after wards.

Today was fun and sucky... The fun was seeing SN+ for the first time in a while.  I am not sure what the final measurement at home was.

The suck was the commute from home in Hubbardston down Rte 2 to work. Usually a 25 minute ride took over an hour. Roads were a major disaster, plus spinouts, etc. made the traffic bad for much of it.

There was 2.5" or so when I dropped off my son at his bus, but not sure what happened after wards.

I agree 100%.  It was a nice surprise quick hit, but it took my 10 minute commute to FIT 50 minutes.   Hopefully we can add another little dusting with those squalls in upstate NY. 

I don't understand where all these "surprise" comments are coming from. This was modeled and forecast for days of a 1-3 inch event with a few lucky spots getting 4 happening over a 3-5 hour period..That's exactly what happened

I did not think it would be so heavy.   I also thought it would not carry as much moisture. Lately the models seem to have overdone the liquid a bit and it was moving into a pretty dry airmass.

I called for 1.5" IMBY and was obviously wrong. It will be interesting to see (albeit after it has settled) what I scored today.

What was your final there? 2.5 - 3.5?      

I did not think it would be so heavy.   I also thought it would not carry as much moisture. Lately the models seem to have overdone the liquid a bit and it was moving into a pretty dry airmass.

I called for 1.5" IMBY and was obviously wrong. It will be interesting to see (albeit after it has settled) what I scored today.

What was your final there? 2.5 - 3.5?      

Archived