Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Friday 01/09 Light snow event w/ Observations

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2"-5" reported? There's no way anyone got more than 3" in 3 hours.

Still not quite at 1.5" here in Northern RI. Don't know how CT has 2.5" everywhere.

There was a really good burst for a time in western CT. They don't have 2.5 everywhere. Some spots were more like 2. But some lucky peeps got 3"+ up in NW areas.

Storrs just came in with 2 further east 15 min ago.

2"-5" reported? There's no way anyone got more than 3" in 3 hours.

Still not quite at 1.5" here in Northern RI. Don't know how CT has 2.5" everywhere.

Whether you believe it or not, it was like a Blizzard here for about 2 hours or so..visibility was down to 1/16th of a mile at times...it came fast and furious for sure.  I691 in the Meriden/Southington/Waterbury area had cars at a stand still due to whiteout conditions for a time.

2.5" exactly when all said and done.

For those of you east questioning amounts. Band is weakening and shrinking. We had 3 hours of snow, and it came down 1-2"/hr for a brief period. There was a point where I questioned if we could even make 1.5"...and then snow growth improved and rates increased. Those to the west with 3-4" amounts probably saw snow for closer to 4 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had 8 events since Tday, and only one of them has been an inch or greater. I'm not sure that has ever happened here. Pennies, pennies and pennies.

Pennies add up. NOT

I want the mother-load at least once. "Once" in this pattern could be a stretch. Always hope because it's ever evolving. Solace in that were all together in this. 

Archived