Newest Member
    Monty
January 3-4, 2015 Storm Obs/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We probably don't see 40°F here later today

Scott and Ray suggested I wouldn't get out of the 30's until the front goes through tonight.  Box has my p/c at 47* and the ZFP in mid-40's.

One other thing regarding the earlier comments about 32* and whether zr takes place--solar radiation will cause melting even with the temps below 32*.  So, you need a bit cooler during the day to accrete than you do at night in exposed areas.

Back edge of precip nearly through.

30.9/30. 

Scott and Ray suggested I wouldn't get out of the 30's until the front goes through tonight.  Box has my p/c at 47* and the ZFP in mid-40's.

One other thing regarding the earlier comments about 32* and whether zr takes place--solar radiation will cause melting even with the temps below 32*.  So, you need a bit cooler during the day to accrete than you do at night in exposed areas.

30.9/30. 

The CAD has been pretty impressive as some of us had mentioned during the week as models struggle with its handling

Scott and Ray suggested I wouldn't get out of the 30's until the front goes through tonight. Box has my p/c at 47* and the ZFP in mid-40's.

One other thing regarding the earlier comments about 32* and whether zr takes place--solar radiation will cause melting even with the temps below 32*. So, you need a bit cooler during the day to accrete than you do at night in exposed areas.

30.9/30.

Uiu could spike to near 40.

32.8/32, rain. Held off till this morning to shovel. 2" of heavy wet slop. In hindsight, should have shoveled last night and would have wet pavement. Concrete steps have 3/4" of ice.

Yup, I had too for the sake of my aging snowblower and I'm glad I did now that I'm watching all my neighbors clear cement.

temp's been hovering around freezing all night and only in the past hour has it warmed a degree (up to 33.4). Street is a skating rink. Cars can't make it up the hill.

Despite only 2.5" of dense snow. I'll call this one an over performer. Earlier in the week I was thinking I'd wake up to nothing left on the ground and temps spiking into the 50's. CAD for the win

Archived