Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 3-4, 2015 Storm Obs/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's weird, BED went NW, but looks like they are rising a bit. Still, if you go above 32, but drop a bit in the morning perhaps.

I've risen 2* in 15 minutes.....ever since you made that post.

Its like my locale has an allergy to ice....no sooner than I transitioned to a precip type other than snow, my temp began to spike very rapidly.

29.2/27

Yup...just to our west. I think we have about another hour max.

+SN and 21.6F

3.0" new

1.3" last hr

Warner reporting snow.  I am getting pretty heavy snow, somewhere near 3.5.  1/2" in the last 20 minutes.  Clumpier now and wetter so the change is coming it seems.  Amazing how the surface temps have stayed so cold.  Only 19.1 200 yards from me.

Big ice tonight if we can get the precip in here

I don't think big ice is in the cards, but I've been out of the loop on things the last couple of hours. 

What's the take on precipitation amounts?  Looks like we're heading in to a lull per radar.  I think if there's going to be big ice, that would need to be more robust.  My fear is that by the time heavier amounts roll in, the warmth will accompany it.

20.1/18

Warner reporting snow.  I am getting pretty heavy snow, somewhere near 3.5.  1/2" in the last 20 minutes.  Clumpier now and wetter so the change is coming it seems.  Amazing how the surface temps have stayed so cold.  Only 19.1 200 yards from me.

Springfield is sleet and 18.9F.

The mid-level CAD and higher terrain in W NH is helping fight off the IP on dual-pol. It's washing out pretty well in western Merrimack County. These are 1"+/hr rates so every 20-30 mins is a big deal.

5 inches was my number for declaring this a success as I think that gives us a bullet proof pack if there is a good crust on top.  We might just get there.  Was out that way today.  Just between Salisbury and Andover there was full snow cover this morning, all the way out to New London.  Pretty dramatic difference from here.

Archived