Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 3-4, 2015 Storm Obs/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After doing a mile loop with the dog I'm pretty impressed as far as storm impact.  Took several measurements over 2" and being out in it it's actually about 70/30 mix of sugar snow and sleet. Coming down moderately.  Has to be the driest sleet I've ever seen lol 23/21.

Some people were questioning NWS Taunton this morning but WSW totally warranted imho.  Roads are a mess, the only two cars we saw on the walk fishtailed coming up a very mild incline.  Easily have had .25" of accumulation from this mix the past 40 minutes. 

After doing a mile loop with the dog I'm pretty impressed as far as storm impact.  Took several measurements over 2" and being out in it it's actually about 70/30 mix of sugar snow and sleet. Coming down moderately.  Has to be the driest sleet I've ever seen lol 23/21.

Some people were questioning NWS Taunton this morning but WSW totally warranted imho.  Roads are a mess, the only two cars we saw on the walk fishtailed coming up a very mild incline.  Easily have had .25" of accumulation from this mix the past 40 minutes.

Any trees bending over? I don't really anticipate power issues, but you never know

I have no idea how much snow we have gotten.  I would guess 2 inches but it is getting blown around like crazy.  I have cleared off the covered back porch a few times but the car 20 feet away has nothing on it.  The other car next to it has 2 inches on its roof.  Awful snow growth.

Archived