Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
December obs/disco/short range

Ian

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, appears to be blowing up near them, naturally. Has anyone up there posted a measurement?

I haven't seen any reports from today.  LWX hasn't released a public info statement yet.  BWI should have just reported their snow total, if any.  Hard to say how much fell in Columbia given some melted by the time I got home. Maybe 0.3-0.4?  I'd say 0.1 at Greenbelt. 

:huh:

Seems after 09-10, BWI has gotten more conservative with their measurements. 

During the last few winters when I was still living up there, these types of situations would happen a lot- you get these little events where it was about 0.2-0.5 inches IMBY (and surrounding obs posted would say the same) yet BWI would report a T. Many people still think BWI overinflates snow totals but I completely disagree.

During the last few winters when I was still living up there, these types of situations would happen a lot- you get these little events where it was about 0.2-0.5 inches IMBY (and surrounding obs posted would say the same) yet BWI would report a T. Many people still think BWI overinflates snow totals but I completely disagree.

BWI's official seasonal total for last winter was 39 inches. Pretty sure most close by areas received close to 50. They also had those weird adjustments to the Feb. 2010 blizzards.

Archived