Harmonie
    Newest Member
    Harmonie
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal Part Deux

DDweatherman

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 24 hr map actually shows DCA in the 1" QPF in 12 hrs... so there will be some good rates if that is correct

That's pretty impressive...wonder how that's divided up in that 12-h period.  Total is on the order of  ~1.5" estimating from the two maps.

(ETA:  Grrrr, not sure why the squiggle line for "approximately" 1.5" is coming out as a negative when I submitted this post!)

That's pretty impressive...wonder how that's divided up in that 12-h period.  Total is on the order of  ~1.5" estimating from the two maps.

(ETA:  Grrrr, not sure why the squiggle line for "approximately" 1.5" is coming out as a negative when I submitted this post!)

Pretty crazy how so much qpf is being modeled without the two waves phasing.

02z RAP pushes 0C 850 line through DCA between 6am and 7am

Interesting that once the 850 0C line goes by, it more or less stays in the same exact place the remainder of the run (into mid-afternoon).  There are some good hourly QPF rates in there, too, along with a band/blob moving into central VA that looks like it's headed up this way at 20Z (but we're talking the tail end of the run here, not sure if that means much).

Interesting that once the 850 0C line goes by, it more or less stays in the same exact place the remainder of the run (into mid-afternoon).  There are some good hourly QPF rates in there, too, along with a band/blob moving into central VA that looks like it's headed up this way at 20Z (but we're talking the tail end of the run here, not sure if that means much).

I was just looking at that same thing.

Archived