• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Thanksgiving Eve SECS/MECS Discussion II

gkrangers

SURE it does.... you are correct. the rgem shows the same thing and yes it was great last winter

So if I was correct why would you be making a sarcastic attempt to troll instead of just saying I'm correct?

Are you 13 lol... This thread is rediculas and hostile, just cause u have a red tag doesn't mean u treat people like crap pal... Enjoy the storm :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is NOT what the nam is showing at at all for NYC.... delusional

Two questions for you...first the serious one....you think the city actually has more than 3 inches of snow on the ground by the time it winds down from the snow (when it's all snow) towards the end ?

And just for kicks.....been meaning to ask.....where can I purchase the keyboard that multiplies the effectiveness of the space button intermittently ? ;)

As always, enjoy your forecasts man

its  not 1 run ..

the  RGEM   which does NOT have a WARM BIAS    shows the same thing

the  Upper air pattern   is NOT   favorable for NYC  snow event   event  

there is a  reason why  CLIMO  snow in richland / westchester / sw CT    ne  NJ  does   better with snow.

This event is one one of those times

seanick, on 25 Nov 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

Why is everyone jumping on one run of the NAM?

Yep onshore winds with 52 degree water temps does not equate to snow here on the Island or anywhere close to the coast..3 weeks later a different story..1989 Thanksgiving storm had a cold air mass in place with NNE winds..totally different setuu..Thanksgiving storm 1971..close to the benchmark..rain in the city and coast..heavy snow inland..I have been alive 56 years and I can count on one hand significant snows here in November...If I see a slushy inch..fine..that's typical for November

its  not 1 run ..

the  RGEM   which does NOT have a WARM BIAS    shows the same thing

the  Upper air pattern   is NOT   favorable for NYC  snow event   event  

there is a  reason why  CLIMO  snow in richland / westchester / sw CT    ne  NJ  does   better with snow.

This event is one one of those times

seanick, on 25 Nov 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

Why is everyone jumping on one run of the NAM?

Gfs has a cold enough profile for all snow in nyc, and btw why did you ban me?

looking these soundings there is no layer above 0C throughout the column (except the surface)....the surface is pretty warm though.

http://68.226.77.253/text/NAM80km/NAM_Kjfk.txt

Looks wrong to me... 700 mb temps on Nam pass most of the city the warm nose 0c+. It would sleet given temps below that are cold. Not rain. Looks to be snow - sleet on Nam.

looking these soundings there is no layer above 0C throughout the column (except the surface)....the surface is pretty warm though.

Yes, but snow growth is going to be absolutely putrid with those 700 mb temps, not to mention there may be a warmer layer somewhere around 700.

Your problems in the city are around this layer

700mb Temp ©:    3.3    1.0   -1.8   -6.0   -4.2   -0.9   -5.3 

Archived