Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal

Coach McGuirk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It tracks the surface low west of HAT and then really tucks it into the coast. be a good rain for I95 north of us.  Not real y fond of it for us except towards the end.  Probably  good for JI and points west.

yeah...precip type and surface temps are difficult to discern for me and you....mostly snow is my guess, but perhaps only grass for much of the event...34 is a pretty critical temp....

Based on WxBell maps, 850s are -2 to -1 for DC/inner core. When the AccuWx Pro Euro text output is updated, I'll post it. I'd expect 925s to be even more borderline than previously based on 850s ticking warmer this run (vs 0z).

Track is tucked further west. I would expect the same. A track a bit east is on the table of course.

Based on WxBell maps, 850s are -2 to -1 for DC/inner core.  When the AccuWx Pro Euro text output is updated, I'll post it.  I'd expect 925s to be even more borderline than previously based on 850s ticking warmer this run (vs 0z).  

925mb temps are below 0 for all of DC metro once we hit 8am or so...there is a 925mb low that passes safely to our south and east...

what do you think of the euro track?

Well it did an unexpected jog west, but it's not impossible. Better ridge out west leads to amplification out east. Given the origins and the ridge out west, it's certainly on the table. Sometimes we get these 72 hr amped solutions only to slowly tickle east. That could be the case here.

Well it did an unexpected jog west, but it's not impossible. Better ridge out west leads to amplification out east. Given the origins and the ridge out west, it's certainly on the table. Sometimes we get these 72 hr amped solutions only to slowly tickle east. That could be the case here.

thx...I'm looking forward to my 1-2" on cartops

Archived