• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
November 2014 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

Yesterday typifies my ideal T-giving day weather.  Slate gray clouds, cold, a little breeze and some snow in the evening.  

I would accept to full torch weeks if that was on the weather table for Thanksgiving ....anything but the usual warm/dry/wet/warm....Turkey cooking makes the house hotter

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday typifies my ideal T-giving day weather.  Slate gray clouds, cold, a little breeze and some snow in the evening.  

Absolutely.  100% agree.  Yesterday was perfect.... for any day in November.  

Too bad it looks like this T-day will be warm.  It really takes something away from the holiday for me.

All of the wunderground stations near you were upper 20s to around 30.

Quite chilly out there when the breeze picks up.

Thanks.  Don't know what to make of things out here.  I walked to the bagel shop this morning and I can report it was downright cold.  Certainly, well below freezing.

Winterwxlvr, what did you record this AM?

Too bad it looks like this T-day will be warm.  It really takes something away from the holiday for me.

Not necessarily. Depends if/when a cutter happens that week.  Hopefully it goes through before T-giving and Thursday and Friday that week are seasonably cool.  

Absolutely.  100% agree.  Yesterday was perfect.... for any day in November.  

Holiday warmth definitely takes something away from the day. Irritates me. I can deal with somewhat mild if it is at least overcast. Anything over 54-55 for the high just sucks on Thanksgiving.

Great Novemberish day. I enjoy those brooding dark days, especially with the contrast of bright leaves. Even better when it rains and gets darker and brings out the colors and contrast more...yah I'm weird, but born in Nov. and learned to appreciate it. The best thing was jumping in huge piles of leaves...

Anyway, back to the present, ob: low of 34. I've only had one freeze so far, 11/8.

Holiday warmth definitely takes something away from the day. Irritates me. I can deal with somewhat mild if it is at least overcast. Anything over 54-55 for the high just sucks on Thanksgiving.

Yep.  Sadly, we are probably overdue for a Christmas Day torch as well.  Zwyts thinks the weather turns wintry the week of Christmas, so maybe we dodge another bullet this year.

33/19 here in Prince George, Va.

Just realized that I have never made a post and have been a member for near 4 years. And I am a paid member as well. I also went to the convention last year in Baltimore. Maybe I should try to be more social. :)

This has to be some form of record on this site...4 years and one post?

Archived