BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't debate the seriousness of any drought lol, but it is noticeably brown. My dad says it's not like this out in Albany either. The axis of wet has been the deep interior.

Yeah, Franklin Co. and N Pioneer Valley are lush and green.

Down in Falmouth this week and it doesn't look abnormally dry here.

Another stunning summer day here.

I won't debate the seriousness of any drought lol, but it is noticeably brown. My dad says it's not like this out in Albany either. The axis of wet has been the deep interior.

To the south too. My last rain of greater than 0.4" was July 4th while 10 miles to my south had over 6" in July with over 8" down by amarshall. I've had the middle finger lately and yes I'm whining because I spent a lot of work on the yard and I'm just barely keeping up with watering every day. I think srn ORH country has been dry too.

To the south too. My last rain of greater than 0.4" was July 4th while 10 miles to my south had over 6" in July with over 8" down by amarshall. I've had the middle finger lately and yes I'm whining because I spent a lot of work on the yard and I'm just barely keeping up with watering every day. I think srn ORH country has been dry too.

Do you use gypsum on your lawn? If you don't, I highly recommend it.

I'm in a very similar situation in regards to rainfall over this way, last decent rains were on July 4th.   

I like the RGEM..makes sense to me. One area along conv zone and orographics in ern NY area..close to Berks..another with low level convergence in eastern areas. Of course these may shift a bit...but this makes sense to me when dealing with summertime lows.

Soaker up this way

I like the RGEM..makes sense to me. One area along conv zone and orographics in ern NY area..close to Berks..another with low level convergence in eastern areas. Of course these may shift a bit...but this makes sense to me when dealing with summertime lows.

RGEM handles winter type storms well, wow what a classic teleconnections Tippy special

There must be a narrow screw zone. ORH had over 6 inches of rain in July...though its been a dry first 10 days of August. But they got 2.5" mid-month July and then another soaker of 1.44" on Jul 27-28.

There must be a narrow screw zone. ORH had over 6 inches of rain in July...though its been a dry first 10 days of August. But they got 2.5" mid-month July and then another soaker of 1.44" on Jul 27-28.

Pretty typical summer distribution patterns, some backyards didn't some did. Pretty dry here but nothing unusual for summer.

Yup.. And it looks like this area is screw zone tomorrow

I'd be freaking out if I were you in winter.  :)  18z NAM washes Bob in Taunton out to sea.

No drought at all here.....grass is growing like it's mid-April.  It's been that way all summer.  A summer with enough water and no heat will do that.

70.9/62

Pretty typical summer distribution patterns, some backyards didn't some did. Pretty dry here but nothing unusual for summer.

Quinnatisset Golf Course in Thompson, CT was green in the fairways but hurting outside the sprinklers. They really need a good 2" soaker. I usually get here at least once or twice a summer and can't remember the Quinnatisset pond being so low...really drying out. Most creeks in NE CT appear to be dry cracked dirt, lol.

Quinnatisset Golf Course in Thompson, CT was green in the fairways but hurting outside the sprinklers. They really need a good 2" soaker. I usually get here at least once or twice a summer and can't remember the Quinnatisset pond being so low...really drying out. Most creeks in NE CT appear to be dry cracked dirt, lol.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Its dry. I dont think some drought estimates do it justice in some cases.

My area has been pretty dry. South and east of me has been a bit better, but it's dry around here.

I don't like the "what if" perspective, but man if we had not gotten that July 4th tropical system, a lot of folks would be in really rough shape

Archived