Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw into the storm. Good movie if you ignore three things:

The actors were... Pretty funny to watch, actually.

Plot was a joke. Still kind of funny if you allow it to be.

The meteorology (shocker). I did some quick math, there is a part where something goes from ground level to the storm to in about ten seconds. Assume a 50000 ft storm, round heavily, and the sucker was going at around 3600 mph. Suuuuuure.

Overall, if you want an hour and a half of awesome v and s fx, you are in for a treat. It ain't twister, but it was a great tornado movie if you watch for that.

Am supposed to be playing golf on Wednesday in NE CT... this doesn't look favorable. Looks like an all-day washout...

NAM as usual is very wet, and its obviously picking up on the orographic effects of the Tolland Massif with its superior resolution.

nam_namer_051_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

NAM waaay farther east than any other models. Tossed as it always is.

It does have a weenie that curves to the right pointed right up your fanny in BTV

Interesting hydro issue tomorrow. It looks like big upslope and WAA component in western areas, and then the mesos have the low center and assoc low level convergence and psuedo deformation band over ern areas later on. Might turn out to be a big wide spread area of very heavy rain....but as we said before...summer lows can be fickle with the nature of convection.

Not at all. Same drought here as there

I'm in Sturbridge, MA about to cross into CT near 84, and it is brown here. Like I'm a little shocked at how burnt and brown the yards are. All of VT down through the Pioneer Valley on 91 is very green, then east of Springfield/Ludlow it's brown.

Sturbridge has signs out for mandatory water ban and that you will be fined for watering during daylight hours.

I'm in Sturbridge, MA about to cross into CT near 84, and it is brown here. Like I'm a little shocked at how burnt and brown the yards are. All of VT down through the Pioneer Valley on 91 is very green, then east of Springfield/Ludlow it's brown.

Sturbridge has signs out for mandatory water ban and that you will be fined for watering during daylight hours.

Its getting serious. And this whole area looks like we are primed to get screwed tomorrow . Maybe like a half an inch

Archived