BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be down in North Woodstock near the Union town line Tue/Wed/Thur....was hoping to play a few rounds of golf while down there, hopefully Wed isn't a washout. But I'd take a SVR outbreak if that's in the cards haha.

Nice. i wonder if you'll experience a blowdown there like you did at Stowe. Please bring a few hundred acre blowdowns with you

Was driving to the Cape today with the family and right around Middleboro my 3 year old asked me about thunderstorms.  Reading the NWS BOX disco I couldn't help but think maybe a severe threat will verify in that Taunton/Middleboro/Lakeville area on Wednesday.  He is a budding wx weenie after all.

Models have slowed down and seems like NYC area and perhaps cstl look decent for any threat of a brief spin up. Perhaps spreading NE later. Main threat will be near and east of the low on the WF I think. There might be another threat if we can get srfc base convection later in the day...but that is definitely questionable.

Things shifted north again a bit overnight. I think the only issue is instability. But if we overcome the stronger marine flow..Tor's are going to spin as far north as Pike

Instability and mid level winds aren't exactly superimposed the way I want, but the slower timing could mean a couple of degrees warmer with daytime heating.

Archived