Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
August 2014 General Discussion

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proud of Indianapolis to finally have its first 90 of the year today. Temperatures overachieved again, maxing out at 89. I expect tomorrow's high to either be the same or reach at least slightly cooler than today. Even with September coming up, 90-degree days are done for the year based on the legend that had 4 occurrences where at least one 90-degree day was observed in June, none in July, only one August, and none in September.

Hit 92 around 1pm before the outflow and storms moved through.  Around 4pm we hit our LOW for the day at 67.  Picked up 0.60" rain.  Grass has really greened back up.

I was shooting a time lapse out west of town in the country, and man when that gust front hit it felt incredible.  Before it hit it was pretty oppressive. 

Haha, not properly sited at all. I'd have something like 46 days of 90º+...for real. :D

Hoosier-sited.

Although models aren't really showing it, I'm looking for storm development in Chicagoland this morning and propagating toward me by noonish. There are some pretty nice boundaries laid out.

Hoosier-sited.

Although models aren't really showing it, I'm looking for storm development in Chicagoland this morning and propagating toward me by noonish. There are some pretty nice boundaries laid out.

I think you have it. Ongoing iowa complex is organized enough that it will restrengthen over ne illinois and turn se. It has been a common development in this recent pattern.

Another disappointing morning here as the MCS crapped out as it approached.  We need a big complex to blow up in central/eastern Iowa because this pattern of blowing up in Nebraska and not reaching eastern Iowa until after sunrise isn't cutting it.  A lucky few get hit by an isolated heavy cell or two, but most areas aren't getting much.  Two days of storms this week has only dropped 0.20" here with my August total sitting at 0.67"... and this is after 7-10 days of a generally stormy pattern.

Archived