Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
August 2014 General Discussion

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still 78/75/84 as we approach 2am.  Shouldn't have too much of a problem reaching 90 again today, but not sure if we'll be able to top the 93 from yesterday. 

Braved the thick humidity (and the return of the 'skeeters) this evening and shot a time lapse of the southern sky's Milky Way.  This is only around 90 mins worth.  Need to get a few backup battery packs if I want to do longer lapses in the future.

Most of the local TV stations going with 90F today (I personally find it interesting to predict 90F on the dot, I think they love to do that to increase ratings, jmo).  It's not the first time this year most of the stations have predicted 90s or 90 on the dot.  I think we'll hit the mid to upper 80s, but any convection this morning makes it difficult to predict 90F.

79/75 at 10:00am. Pretty freakin gross.

Barring a thermometer malfunction or some other weird happening, first 90 of the year is upon us. It was a good run while it lasted.

I'm still not sure if we'll make it but it's likely the best shot so far this year.  Arguments for and against:

For:

MOS and 2m temp output from multiple models support 90 degree temps

Somewhat warm start with a low of 70

Sun looks plentiful

Against:

Models generally not convincingly showing temps over 90

850 mb temps are very warm but mixing heights may not be ideal

Wet soil

Summer trends

Most of the local TV stations going with 90F today (I personally find it interesting to predict 90F on the dot, I think they love to do that to increase ratings, jmo).  It's not the first time this year most of the stations have predicted 90s or 90 on the dot.  I think we'll hit the mid to upper 80s, but any convection this morning makes it difficult to predict 90F.

I highly doubt it makes 90° today! Storms closing in quick here in Racine. Outflow boundary will probably start to form and spread south.

Nervous nelly. All for kind of a dumb threshold. ;):lol:

But I see no way it doesn't happen today. 82/75 at 11:00am. Up, up, and away...

10/10 rule might work pretty well on a day like this.  It was 79 last hour, 82 now.  Days are still pretty long.  Everything adds up to this being a photo finish.

10/10 rule might work pretty well on a day like this.  It was 79 last hour, 82 now.  Days are still pretty long.  Everything adds up to this being a photo finish.

I don't like that rule. We'll see.

But anyways, medium/long range looks like a torch...so plentiful chances in the future. I bet we end up with at least 6 days of 90º+ before the warm season is done.  

I don't like that rule. We'll see.

But anyways, medium/long range looks like a torch...so plentiful chances in the future. I bet we end up with at least 6 days of 90º+ before the warm season is done.  

Why don't you like it?  Obviously it can't be used on days with rapidly differing sky conditions (sunny to cloudy or vice versa) or rapid WAA/CAA but neither of those issues look to be present today.

Why don't you like it?  Obviously it can't be used on days with rapidly differing sky conditions (sunny to cloudy or vice versa) or rapid WAA/CAA but neither of those issues look to be present today.

84/75. 6 degrees ahead of yesterday at noon (gained 9 degrees after yesterday). Lock it up and throw away the key. It's over. 

Get out and enjoy it...if that's what you people who wish for this crap do. 

84/75. 6 degrees ahead of yesterday at noon (gained 9 degrees after yesterday). Lock it up and throw away the key. It's over. 

Get out and enjoy it...if that's what you people who wish for this crap do. 

Not sure it's fair to compare yesterday and today.  Sky conditions were different especially in the morning. 

Archived