Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
July 2014 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fishing has been pretty poor around here.  River has been high/current strong for so long.  Hope to get out fishing this week. 

The 'gill fishing in lakes and ponds has been great around here. Of course, I'm not dependent on current flow. Besides, the rivers around here are at normal summer level. In fact, I should get out and wade for some smallies.

Women are not birds, but mammals. :whistle:

Just made my morning !! Laughter is the best medicine.

Fishing here on the lakes has been decent, although the pickerel have been slow to turn on in the Detroit river. Lots of White bass and other garbage eating fish.

A great summer unfolding before us.

I'm a jinx, no doubt about it. In IKK right now, with an imminent 7-10 split...while a nice looking cell is headed right for LAF. 

This was the view towards LAF about an hour ago. So is this what a little bit of CAPE looks like?

Howell has only maxed out at 87F this year...

Using the closest "similar" station.. KLAN, they too have maxed at 87F.

I wonder how common it is to have no 90F high temps in a calendar year in a lower Michigan location.

There most likely will be no 90's in July... That reduces the probably going forward from there. It could happen.

I use wunderground for history and its running slow as molasses right now.

Howell has only maxed out at 87F this year...

Using the closest "similar" station.. KLAN, they too have maxed at 87F.

I wonder how common it is to have no 90F high temps in a calendar year in a lower Michigan location.

There most likely will be no 90's in July... That reduces the probably going forward from there. It could happen.

I use wunderground for history and its running slow as molasses right now.

Using NOWData for Lansing, it looks like there have been 7 years without a 90 degree temperature.  1871, 1872, 1882, 1915, 1957, 2000, 2004.

Using NOWData for Lansing, it looks like there have been 7 years without a 90 degree temperature.  1871, 1872, 1882, 1915, 1957, 2000, 2004.

Since we regularly get 90F temps into September, its still an uphill battle, but making it through June and July really raises the possibility.

My PWS usually reads high because of the lack of an aspirated fan, my station maxed at 89.7 on June 16th.

Looks like we'll get a pretty good amount of sun here tomorrow which should be enough to get our temps into the low 70s.  If not and we somehow stay in the 60s it would be pretty impressive.  Might have a shot at sneaking below 50 on Wednesday morning though not sure if the winds will drop off enough.  Record low for the 16th is 44 degrees (one of the cooler ones for July) and that probably isn't happening.

Dews back down into the 40s on a mid July evening, as we're surrounded by fully mature hybrid corn fields.  Can't beat that.  Only bad thing is the gnats are back in full force.  I've never seen swarming gnats this late into the summer before.  Usually the heat drives them back into hiding by mid June.  Now we also have a crapload of mosquitoes as well from all the recent rains.  So much for the harsh winter wiping out much of the insect populations lol.

Archived