• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

This is similar to that triple phaser in February 04 that destoyed Eastern Canada, iot hit Cape Cod, coastal SE NJ, and extreme ERN LI pretty good too...I can recall the radar image and it was pretty much as close of a miss as you could have,

i dont think it hit S NJ or E LI....IIRC it was a fish until Eastern Canada

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont think it hit S NJ or E LI....IIRC it was a fish until Eastern Canada

It literally hit the beaches, there was one town in Ocean County at the shore that had 3 inches in one hour or something crazy like that, but yeah just inland zippo.  I think East Hampton got 4 inches but I may be wrong.

Any webcams for Nantucket, they have the potential to get rocked with this if the Nam is correct or perhaps Nova Scotia webcams?

based on soundings, it appears as if ACK might have some outstanding ratios as well....temps from 900 to 700mbs are sub -10C .plus winds at 40-60kts

based on soundings, it appears as if ACK might have some outstanding ratios as well....temps from 900 to 700mbs are sub -10C .plus winds at 40-60kts

The temps would increase ratios, but wind decreases them.  Ratios are based on well branched snowflakes, but winds tear them apart.

Pattern seems to shift after this bomb develops, which I don't think is unusual.  I would be surprised if snow happened in April this year.

That is warning criteria in S NJ where its only 4 inches.

lets hope that by all the aforementioned dates we have temps in the 60's-70's

It literally hit the beaches, there was one town in Ocean County at the shore that had 3 inches in one hour or something crazy like that, but yeah just inland zippo.  I think East Hampton got 4 inches but I may be wrong.

The storm definitely brought snow to eastern Long Island. Some photos:

http://wintercenter.homestead.com/photofeb2004b.html

Archived