happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This run may not have been 18z but it wasn't far off. A tick East.

Well a couple problems with it all

1.)the hope I guess was that 18z was the start of a trend to a solution MUCH further west, not a good solution for us as is. It would have had to continue that trend

2.) it's the NAM anyway ! But still, significant snow for SNJ and south

Sent from my iPhone

If the Nam is right, places like Atlantic City and Cape May could see 6"+ again, which is almost unheard of for this time of year. 

Can you imagine if the western low does for some reason become the dominant one, the implications could be massive, especially for eastern areas. I know lows tend to favor the zone between the cold and warm waters, so I can't completely discount the possibility of the western low being the dominant one. 

Of course if that were to happen this close then we're talking a reverse March 2001 for eastern sections. 

By early tmrw afternoon, I have a feeling many will think that we are about to get hammered. It may look like a wall of snow only to not make it much further north and dissipate as the low pulls away and bombs out, focusing any remaining heavy precip over SNJ coastal sections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't give up on the last snowfall until mid April...Some sneaky event like April 2000 or 1990 can happen...1983 had snow on 4/19...April 23rd 1986 had a slushy coating in spots...I would think April has the last gasp cold and maybe snow sometime in the first half of the month...

don't give up on the last snowfall until mid April...Some sneaky event like April 2000 or 1990 can happen...1983 had snow on 4/19...April 23rd 1986 had a slushy coating in spots...I would think April has the last gasp cold and maybe snow sometime in the first half of the month...

Pattern seems to shift after this bomb develops, which I don't think is unusual.  I would be surprised if snow happened in April this year.

Eastern Atlantic and south eastern ocean counties are close to warning criteria for those areas.

With 4 to 6 there.

Southern Monmouth could grab 2 to 4 .

Would be a gift all things considering.

That is warning criteria in S NJ where its only 4 inches.

Eastern Atlantic and south eastern ocean counties are close to warning criteria for those areas.

With 4 to 6 there.

Southern Monmouth could grab 2 to 4 .

Would be a gift all things considering.

This , if it unfolds, would prove that its NEVER too late. SNJ wasnt progged to get anywhere near 1/2 a ft and now suddenly BOOM, this pops up. I know its a 5% chance or less but who says NYC cant suddenly pull a rabbit for 2-4 inches- inverted troughs arent easiest things to pick up on - even in his res

This is similar to that triple phaser in February 04 that destoyed Eastern Canada, iot hit Cape Cod, coastal SE NJ, and extreme ERN LI pretty good too...I can recall the radar image and it was pretty much as close of a miss as you could have,

I remember that, picked up an inch but nova Scotia got 7 feet!

Pattern seems to shift after this bomb develops, which I don't think is unusual. I would be surprised if snow happened in April this year.

That is warning criteria in S NJ where its only 4 inches.

Does Mt Holly go winter storm watch there. ?

Since World War II, Central Park has had one April with five inches of snow or more.

New England forum says this run was actually west of 18z with the actual surface low.

That run was a bit better for my backyard. ( central bristol county in southeast ma) I think the cape gets it good. The question becomes the area south easy of boston to providence corridor. We are going to be painfully close to something big

New England forum says this run was actually west of 18z with the actual surface low.

Don't think too much into that.

If NYC is going to get into anything meaningful, it will be a total last-minute crapshoot like what happened with NE in March last year.

This is similar to that triple phaser in February 04 that destoyed Eastern Canada, iot hit Cape Cod, coastal SE NJ, and extreme ERN LI pretty good too...I can recall the radar image and it was pretty much as close of a miss as you could have,

Here's an account of that storm: http://www.novaweather.net/Blizzard_2004/Blizzard_summary.pdf

Archived