happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rather have a QPF monster OTS then passing to the west of NYC up the Hudson Valley.

But Yank27 has some good instincts, NYC/LI NE Jersey aren't getting 24 inches plus with 70mph winds, but at the end of march, a couple of inches, nobody will mind that.

I feel there will be one rogue snow threat in April then it's done.

I rather have a QPF monster OTS then passing to the west of NYC up the Hudson Valley.

But Yank27 has some good instincts, NYC/LI NE Jersey aren't getting 24 inches plus with 70mph winds, but at the end of march, a couple of inches, nobody will mind that.

I feel there will ne one rogue snow threat in April then it's done.

I'm looking at day 5-6, looks like some coastal is trying to form on the gfs. Been showing a wave around this area for several runs now but so far it's too warm. Will keep an eye out since there is a nice High to the north. Just something to look out for. The overall pattern looks fairly active, but of course by then things appear to be too warm for snow. 

For me I don't care, I'll take some activity over none in what is typically the start of the weather doldrums this time of year. 

What Are there any rogues Mets or weather enthusiasts who still believe NYC can still pull of the impossible and get a blizzard?

Only if they are on drugs. We would be lucky to get an inch at this juncture. 

Only stating the obvious, and honestly, do we truly need a catastrophic event? I experienced Sandy like everyone here, and I thoroughly believe most don't want to repeat that experience again in their lifetime.

I do from the 4th floor of the apartment building on Lincoln blvd In long beach with a set of flood lights and generator to see what really went down after the lights went out.

Amazingly this storm will have very similar conditions to sandy way offshore

A huge and potentially damaging swell headed to Puerto Rico

By disaster do you mean weather wise or from a "Hit" perspective? The consistency of the models in almost every aspect with this storm could hardly be called a disaster. There was never a hit depicted solidly for the last 5 days so how could this not becoming one be a disaster? Or am I taking your statement incorrectly?

He means the models just being entirely wrong inside 36 and the storm verifies nothing like what was modeled.

By disaster do you mean weather wise or from a "Hit" perspective? The consistency of the models in almost every aspect with this storm could hardly be called a disaster. There was never a hit depicted solidly for the last 5 days so how could this not becoming one be a disaster? Or am I taking your statement incorrectly?

The way I understood his post was an outcome radically different from what was modeled. You wouldn't know that till tomorrow (night).

Archived