g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I have probable cause to believe that the first low is bogus. It's a meso low from a mature MCS. IMO.

Question to anyone writing this off...is it because this statement is impossible, or unlikely enough that you don't want to get your hopes up at a slim chance that this could work out differently than modeled?

Edit: sans the probable cause part.

Question to anyone writing this off...is it because this statement is impossible, or unlikely enough that you don't want to get your hopes up at a slim chance that this could work out differently than modeled?

Edit: sans the probable cause part.

Its that the pattern does not support the idea of a low racing up the coast inside the benchmark.

i'm not wish casting. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

My personal opinion is that it is a possibility that the second low is being overdone. I don't see how that is unreasonable. Now saying it's the probable scenario is something completely different in its entirety. But we have seen models struggle with convection time and time again. Sometimes these meso lows are real, sometimes they're not.

i'm not wish casting. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. The models are insisting on popping a secondary low under heavy convection.

The forecast models average about 1-2 catastrophic disasters inside of 36-48 hours these days every 10-15 years or so...this event is definitely up there as a high probability event where that may happen

The forecast models average about 1-2 catastrophic disasters inside of 36-48 hours these days every 10-15 years or so...this event is definitely up there as a high probability event where that may happen

Question about this, even in these cases, I would imagine there are some rogue model runs or one stubborn model that has the alternative solution.  Here, that just doesn't seem to be the case at all.  

I really don't believe we've written the final chapter on this one yet. I think the multiple lows around hour 24 are causing havoc.

It's not so much the multiple lows but that the models close off too far east for us

with main low formation too far off the SE Coast. We needed a tucked in initial low

formation closer to Georgia and South Carolina.

Wow. you are on still on board for that possibility & you are a serious red tagger. Okay now I will listen more to the science of it. So u think the possibility of the phantom most eastern low is true? ie consistent convestive feedback issues in most models thus far?

Wow. you are on still on board for that possibility & you are a serious red tagger. Okay now I will listen more to the science of it. So u think the possibility of the phantom most eastern low is true? ie consistent convestive feedback issues in most models thus far?

He is on board for the event to possibly be catastrophic somewhere, but it would take an act of God for anything serious to occur in the NYC metro region.

Question about this, even in these cases, I would imagine there are some rogue model runs or one stubborn model that has the alternative solution.  Here, that just doesn't seem to be the case at all.  

I think some of 0z euro ensemble members (not sure about 12z) had decent hits so I guess those took into account some variances here and there.  But yea overall we (NYC area and not points east) have basically been shut out from a decent snow fall for nearly every model run in the past 5 days which is remarkable.

Edit: by saying remarkable I am referencing the consistency and not that we should have expected a significant storm.

Sigh

Only stating the obvious, and honestly, do we truly need a catastrophic event? I experienced Sandy like everyone here, and I thoroughly believe most don't want to repeat that experience again in their lifetime. 

Will wait for the 0z runs to see if this threat is real. Big storms can have surprises.

Lol, you will just move it to 12z if the models are a miss.  You truly havent made a determination as to the reality or lack thereof of the threat from any of the last 30 model suites?

Only stating the obvious, and honestly, do we truly need a catastrophic event? I experienced Sandy like everyone here, and I thoroughly believe most don't want to repeat that experience again in their lifetime. 

he wasn't talking about a catastrophic event, he meant catastrophic in the sense that there would be a major model error this close to the storm.  

Archived