g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eyeballing it, to me the 18z GFS took a step towards the NAM. The GFS hangs into the SE low longer.

Your eyeballs are deceiving you.  The low closer to Hatteras gets going a little faster, but its in the exact same place at 0Z tomorrow that the 12Z GFS said it would be.

Eyeballing it, to me the 18z GFS took a step towards the NAM. The GFS hangs into the SE low longer.

I really think the only advantage the NAM has is with showing the development of banding that may occur, and that is more within 24 hours. I wouldn't ever take it over the GFS for the development of a storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a point.....one model never takes steps or motions toward another model. They are all just calculated possible solutions. Although some of the same data is ingested by the models, how they interpret it is different. The NAM just happens to be very bad at interpreting much of the data. If it wasn't, we would have had several 20-30" snowstorms this year and last

Sent from my iPhone

Perhaps you could dampen (realistically) this excessive glee about the H5 improvements and why they aren't translating.

Its still too progressive.  A bomb is nice and all but not if it goes in the wrong direction.  John Earthlight has explained this already.

Are winds still a factor with this? Or is this too far east for high winds?

60-80 knot sustained forecast for the well offshore waters which is the highest I have seen in a non tropical system. I often check out the Alaskan coastal forecasts for shts and giggles and have never seen that. The whole Atlantic is going to be moving and a massive just massive swell will hit the Caribbean later this week.

Closer to home an advisory for Suffolk is about it.

I'd be interested in this also.  It seems like every run in the last 2 days has shown improvement in the amplitude and placement of the western ridge with no significant downstream changes.

I think part of it is this storm has been on our radar for a long time, and analyzed to death.  There will be changes from run-to-run, but in the end much of what has led to this storm being a miss (no blocking etc.) has not changed.

Archived