clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be the Euro realizing that we're part of a subtropical climate.

It's nice that areas that average mid 60s (eastern VA and Maryland) are getting another last minute miracle shift for the 3rd time this month.

Some parts went from flurries to 6"-12" of snow in less then 12 hours. And not just on the euro, but on the entire model suite.

It's nice that areas that average mid 60s (eastern VA and Maryland) are getting another last minute miracle shift for the 3rd time this month.

Some parts went from flurries to 6"-12" of snow in less then 12 hours. And not just on the euro, but on the entire model suite.

Yeah. Because the amount of snow we've received over the past several years means we should certainly be complaining about that. 

Yeah. Because the amount of snow we've received over the past several years means we should certainly be complaining about that. 

It's just funny.

I can not think of more then 1 or 2 storms in the last few years, that have made last minute miracle shifts to the snowy side for us.

And the Eastern VA area has seen 3 unprecedented model shifts in the past 3 weeks alone.

Where are those totals reflected on a 12Z NAM or GFS snow maps? The NAM gives a 6" blip to West Virginia and nothing over 3" on GFS that I see.

It's just funny.

I can not think of more then 1 or 2 storms in the last few years, that have made last minute miracle shifts to the snowy side for us.

And the Eastern VA area has seen 3 unprecedented model shifts in the past 3 weeks alone.

March 1980 analog FTL.  I was worried when I started seeing that show up on analog packages.

-

This will go down as the most incredible 40 days of wasted cold air I have ever seen in my life.

A few minor tweaks could have really made this a nice hit for us. If the southern stream was maybe 12 hours slower, the northern stream could have made for a phase in time.

It didn't take much for the tropics of VA to get a last minute shift.

Takes a second of thought, but if one or two of the four winter storm threats worked out to some extent, we would've challenged the #1 winter snowfall record. 

And now you're frustrated. 

In mid-February it looked fairly certain for Central Park to have a top two snowfall season. Central Park will not even finish in the top five snowfall seasons.

Amazing we could see a storm at our latitude in the 950mbs, without a tropical connection.

I think 952 mb is the record for a non-tropical within 150 miles of the BM.

The lowest non-hurricane barometric pressure reading in the lower 48 states is 28.10" (952 mb) measured at Bridgehampton, New York (Long Island) during an amazing nor'easter on March 1, 1914 (see Kocin and Uccellini,"Northeast Snowstorms; Vol. 2., p. 324, American Meteorological Society, 2004.) T

In mid-February it looked fairly certain for Central Park to have a top two snowfall season. Central Park will not even finish in the top five snowfall seasons.

#7 is still pretty awesome considering most of it came between Jan-mid Feb.  But yea if 1 or 2 of the March storms worked out, this winter would have been real close to being #1. It is what it is.

Archived