clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Takes a second of thought, but if one or two of the four winter storm threats worked out to some extent, we would've challenged the #1 winter snowfall record. 

And now you're frustrated. 

This winter will be remembered for the cold and surprise snow events, but also for the number of teases and false threats. Every single threat we had 3-4 days out or more failed this winter.

Nice little middle finger from Maine to NNJ

CONUS_JMA_1000-500_SLPTHKPRP_48HR.gif

It's over, it's been over for a while now. Like I said, 90% chance this isn't an accumulating snow in NYC (by accumulating I'll take 0.5" or more, since a snow shower might bring Central Park to 0.1" or something).

When even Cape Cod is riding on the edge of this, you know none of us have a chance. There will be huge waves for the surfers though.

It's over, it's been over for a while now. Like I said, 90% chance this isn't an accumulating snow in NYC (by accumulating I'll take 0.5" or more, since a snow shower might bring Central Park to 0.1" or something).

When even Cape Cod is riding on the edge of this, you know none of us have a chance. There will be huge waves for the surfers though.

It's not over till I say it's over!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?!?!

Modelology more than meteorology, and some amateur psychology as well.

The models seem close to having locked in on a solution, little wobbles 20 or 30 miles in each direction between runs, the difference between a tenth an inch of liquid that'll come down as snow but not accumulate, and the 2 or 3 inches of snow that will come down as snow, and maybe dust grassy surfaces, NYC/WEstern Long Island, will continue. 

Amateur psychology, each wobble closer means one more good wobble, and we're in business,

This winter will be remembered for the cold and surprise snow events, but also for the number of teases and false threats. Every single threat we had 3-4 days out or more failed this winter.

This winter was awesome..any year this area gets 50 inches or more snow it's A+..we live on the south shore of LI,not in Fairbanks Alaska

^^ That spontaneously posted.

Each model that wobbles the other way, some near weenie suicide or it is a bad run.

Even the 3 inches in Queens in late March, at least one pro-met will call a failure to troll the weenies.

And, BTW, sure, I'm disappointed the once every two decades late March storm is very unlikely to happen, and hoping for a miracle down 7 points, 16 seconds, one time out left and the other team in the double bonus, but if the actual storm drops 3 inches, and coats the lawns for a day, I'd call that a victory.  Like the #11 seed taking the #3 seed to OT before losing, sort of.  Painful, but nothing to be ashamed of.

Archived