Newest Member
    Monty
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RGEM holy moley.

978mb by 36 hours west of 70.  It's already in the process of closing off by 36 as well.

Hard to tell on 12 hour maps, but it didn't look like it was pulled east of Florida, at least not like the GFS still is showing.

Decent trends at 18z, RGEM give or take about the same, nice hit for the Cape and SE areas.  18z NAM obviously better, 18z GFS still having issues and IMO toss.  Rest of the guidance kind of blended together is right in the wheel house of Harv and NOAA (although I don't agree on the far western extent some of these mets are showing yet)

I don't think we're going to see this hook in the QPF/dynamics/void off Delaware.  Owed to all that crap going on so far SE on the GFS that delays everything.  May eat these words but I think it's totally out to lunch.

gfs_namer_072_precip_p60.gif

RGEM is still impressive, maybe just a hair better than the 12z, or about the same. Tough to compare different 12 hour panels. 

PV on mobile

Can you tell timing of West --> East transfer of the reigns?

On 12z RGEM I think it happened at 6Z 3/26, ie ~6 hours later than it happened on 0z RGEM

The later and later we can get this transfer / consolidation of reigns from West low --> East low, the better hit we have.

The convective exploding crap farther East, real or model-imagined, is what accelerates this transfer.

Also suspect h5 vm diving down from PA to Virginia may help prolong the West low.

GFS would be fine if not for the nonsense it develops in association with the convection that fires in the Gulf.  That's all real, but the GFS just has a helluva time trying to handle it and it stunts/distorts the development of the low.  It's still another run or two away from catching on (usually happens once the convection responsible actually fires and it realizes there isn't a 32 unit spin over the top of it).

Better hit for sure.

I have seen the convection rob qp moisture flux not buying the GFS 12z wetter QP. Like 4-7 for Cape and Islands ACK ( may get 10)

I have seen the convection rob qp moisture flux not buying the GFS 12z wetter QP. Like 4-7 for Cape and Islands ACK ( may get 10)

Definitely and I have seen it many times as well.  I think the GFS is bogus this time though.  The intensity of what fires tonight over Florida really isn't in doubt - it'll be impressive, but the GFS runs away from that point into running something way way out SE of what makes sense in association with that convection.  I really think it's totally bogus.   Remove that little issue and it's like all the other guidance give or take.

Normally when we have issues with convective processes they iron out once the convection has fired at init.  That'll be partially tonight at 0z, mostly by 6z and completely by 12z tomorrow. 

IMO what rips across florida late tonight is of course real, I think it's influence on what develops is being exaggerated by the convection it creates.

post-3232-0-37015700-1395700129_thumb.pn

I dont think that Harvey gives a crap about snow totals outside of our area but I think there's a signal for some early snows more widespread before the system bombs.

thought this all along,I really got excited seeing that closed ULL on the GGEM today,if true that alone snows on us.I like HARVS map

Euro Ens mean QPF looks pretty reaosnable. I'd probably shave down the western part and tighten the gradient.

1.0" QPF to ACK... 0.5" EWB to PYM... 0.1" DXR to ORE.

I'd probably go coating-1" most of CT and central/western Mass... 1"-3" GON to PVD to 128 corridor... 3-6" PYM to EWB through the Cape. maybe a small sliver of 6+ east of HYA and for ACK. 

Archived