Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
St. Paddy's Day Storm Obs

nj2va

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are you not banned yet? Remember when you said no more major storms like a month ago? What a horrible forecast.

It's kind of amazing, considering the guy's entire existence on this board is solely to troll. What could possibly be gained by keeping him around?

Should have been banned a long time ago.

From Wakefield:

SALISBURY 5.0 440 AM 3/17 WBOC TV

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/validProds.php?prod=PNS&node=KAKQ

Even assuming that they didn't add anything to that total (I'm guessing they probably added a half inch at least), it looks like it could be their third largest snow down there this late, after 3/20/1914 and 4/3/1915.

Edit: Even in Ocean City, webcams down there show at least a few inches on the ground... so it can accumulate in March even there. 

Yeah, seriously. Does anyone know if this could be a record for snow days for some of the area counties? I've lived in Fairfax County for 40+ years, and I don't recall a winter with this many. Also, that is at least 4 days where the federal government closed as well. I like this winter.

Just went for a Jebwalk and measured: an even 8.0" on the deck.

How much on the roads in Cville? From earlier obs sounded like road amounts are lower.

Driving back from Dulles later and wondering if my driveway will be plowed shut.

I'm hoping WxUSAF is stunned this morning... definitely no Mt Parkton jackpot this time around :whistle:

Lol...no Mt. Parkton jackpot, but Leesburg did jackpot, so I was at least 1/3rd right!

Edit...plus I bet you're measuring on the street ;)

Lol...no Mt. Parkton jackpot, but Leesburg did jackpot, so I was at least 1/3rd right!

Edit...plus I bet you're measuring on the street ;)

I wish, but no. My usual spot on the back deck was only 3", the car/driveway had even less. :(

I wish, but no. My usual spot on the back deck was only 3", the car/driveway had even less. :(

Top of my driveway had ~5" and bottom of my driveway had maybe 2" (and it's a short driveway under a big maple tree).  All of the pavement accumulation was after 10pm at least when I went to bed.

9 inches in North Bethesda (by Grosvenor Metro).  But only about 2 inches on the street.  It was surprisingly powdery for mid-March.

The NAM seems to think that band headed towards Loudoun and Montgomery has another inch of snow in it.  Stats padding.

That'd be nice. I need another .25 to get to 50 inches for the winter.

Archived