BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
March 12-13 wind/cold thread

Amped

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What this morning's pretty crazy low showed was that the extreme temp anomalies modeled in the medium range continue to mostly verify (yes, the models were generally somewhat too cold verbatim for each of our cold shots, but they showed the extremes possible), which is good news for those who want winter to continue through the end of March.

Not a bad mid-march cold day. Temp is 21.9F at 1:15pm under full sun in Clarksburg. 22.5F is the sensible high (after a midnight high of 27.1F) and the low was 13.7F at 8am. That's around 6F lower than I expected. Average wind over the last hour has been from the WNW at 21mph with a gust to 37mph, far below the overnight gust of 57mph.

My 3rd largest 12 hour temps drop I have ever recorded, 47 total degrees, record is 53. This has been some very impressive cold this winter, roaring winds last night and enough wind today to keep temps around 35 for highs with 100% brilliant blue skies. Realize that this is now a late September sun-it's very difficult to get late September highs in the mid 60's much less mid 30's.

My 3rd largest 12 hour temps drop I have ever recorded, 47 total degrees, record is 53. This has been some very impressive cold this winter, roaring winds last night and enough wind today to keep temps around 35 for highs with 100% brilliant blue skies. Realize that this is now a late September sun-it's very difficult to get late September highs in the mid 60's much less mid 30's.

Can't really compare early season cold to late season tho. Not to say it isn't impressive as it clearly is but the source region is vastly different this time of year.. Why we don't get snow in sept and do in March.

Stupid cold and insulting outside right now.

Anybody who likes this kind of weather needs help.

I've been in intensive therapy for 30 years. Everyone in Woodbridge and Dale City has given up hope. I love snow and cold to the utter exclusion of everything and everyone. Every damn time it snows and accumulates in northern Virginia I go out and dig snow and make piles so high that ppl get so damned embarrassed and cringe. Someone in Texas showed one of my relatives my posts on this board and man oh man did I EVER get in hot water, especially the part about how I bragged about 30 years of therapy did me no good and I have spent my entire life wasting everyone's time and wasting G-d's time as well. Thats the bible belt down there - I was literally playin' with FIRE lmfao. (this is rural Texas I am talkin about, they arent all liberal like here In DC - which is why I also love DC, I get away with a lot of nonsense here in northern Virginia, I get away with so much nonsense its a crime against mankind lol). I shut up about snow real fast for a good while. Damn Texans do NOT play around, especially the rural places. I am a true DCer, a true liberal lover because of all the stuff that I am allowed to get away with in and around the nation's capital. Long time friends aid and abet me a lot which is why I am still around to brag about how I never learn anything at all - and I turn 50 on Sunday lmao. Imagine a man like me who is nearly fifty years old - STILL adamant about worshiping winter with the incredible intensity that I do and with NO apologies, and absolutely NO moderation. There's no return flow in my life - only a relentless northeasterly wind with heavy snow and zero visibilities with a 6 inch an hour snow rates and severe drifting and the Interstate is a parking lot filled with still lifes for 1400 miles in both directions because I love winter.

Nonetheless, I still worship extreme cold, 170 mph wind gusts and thousands of feet of snow and ice. I absolutely worship places like Antarctica. I hate spring. I HATE summer.

I dont give a flying g-ddamn about anything else.

All I give a damn about is snow, extreme cold, extreme high winds with zero visibilities, me getting to dig all of the snow in an entire metropolitan region and enjoying the incredible drama of the entire eastern US megalopolis getting shut down for two weeks by a megablizzard, all while I enjoy another leisurely jebwalk. I love to show off by walking effortlessly on ice while ordinary mortals fall and smash their hips and end up in body casts for life and scream with horrific pain.

My God is Snow and Ice and Cold. I dont need anything else. Its fun as heck to watch everyone else suffer horrifically in my winter weather. I got an orgasm from watching what happened in Atlanta with the ice. I got a real kick from watching my neighbors struggle to clear snow from their driveway this February when we got the foot of snow. They were clutching their lower backs and groaning, all while I put on a look of concern, all while skillfully inwardly enjoying the spectacle. Of course I could not help them -- hell I had just shoveled a ton of snow and piled it right up, paying true homage to Snow and Winter as I always do. Snow, Winter, Ice, Cold, always before people.

I never learn. I am already crying rivers about spring. I am well beyond help and I am proud of this fact. I worship WINTER and nothing else. I also enjoy the Mount Everest disasters as well. It's fun watching dumb climbers stumble around in a blizzard and freezing to death in a milkshake froth because they got lost because they were so damned darwinian stupid to try getting famous from trying to climb Mount Everest. I have absolutely ZERO empathy for ppl who climb Mount Everest. Heck I'm just jealous because they got snow and I didn't.

Skiers who get engulfed in avalanches are the best. I love to watch an avalanche gracefully gliding down a beautiful mountain slope. You know what the best thing about avalanches is? They pile up the snow real deep then it freezes in place. You can bet spring is gonna have one hell of a time tryin to melt that pile of snow. I love the imagery of a foolish skier: She wears nothing at all to help us find her sorry 8ss in the avalanche. She's all excited about backcountry skiing. She ignores the avalanche warnings. She ignores all the signs warning against going off trail, against leaving designated skiing areas. She exuberantly skis down the mountainside, nice deep pow pow like on Jay Peak Vermont. She whoops for joy, she's got all this nice deep powder, champaign powder all to herself. She inadvertently triggers an avalanche, probably with her silly woooooooo---hooooooooo yell. She thinks she can outski the avalanche. Well, she can't. It catches her. She gets all mixed up in the snowslide then it stops and creaks then freezes in place. Well she can hardly move, Soon her lungs explode and another one bites the (snow) dust. Using snow poles take time. It takes a skilled person to use those poles well. They have advanced devices skiers can wear that give off a signal. Well, she forgot hers.

Thats another story I get to read about on the net. I'll kick back and think only of all the pristine snow, and how I wish I were at that ski resort, clearing all the snow with my famed Jebman shovel. I am so damn good at shoveling snow that I put ppl right out of business.

I find that highly entertaining.

Did I mention that I LOVE snow and cold and high winds and impassable drifts and highways filled with meters of snow and traffic frozen solidly in place with -10 F temperatures for hundreds of miles?

Archived