• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
March 5th-6th 2013-Noquester

hosj III

i remember i saw some reports around 8-10pm about how it was already snowing in fredericksburg and what not.  i was all hyped and telling people this is the drought breaker.  i remember driving around during the evening enjoying seeing the snow (wettest snow in the history of snow, might have even been rain/snow mix) fall thinking to myself, it's going to start sticking to pavement soon, i know it will.  it started sticking to some side roads around 3am and i figured it was just getting started, but that was about as far as it got.  never had the rates to overcome the lack of cold.

Was the "best" storm of the year for Central Virginia (CHO) - 14 inches IMBY (was at Zion Crossroads at the time and working for Albemarle County Schools).

However, the power outages were significant and lengthy - people were pissed that we might have school on Friday (storm was on Wednesday).  "We can't go to school - we have no power and can't shower."  Seemed like sending kids to a warm building with hot meals would have been a good thing - but 4 of our schools did not have power so we stayed closed. 

About the exact same thing happened to me.  Was watching the snow coming in from VA.  All the folks down in that area were reporting heavy snow and the snow was headed straight for us.  Short-range models were all giving us like 6-9" by daybreak.  Went to bed telling my wife that I think I had underestimated snow totals.  Woke up and was like...da fuq?

I seriously thought the 7-14 forecast would verify by 8AM and we would have ripping TSSN until 5PM.

Archived