Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NYC is barely 0.25"+ this run and that seems generous seeing as none of the panels show anything more than what would be very light snow or flurries. 0.50"+ is south of Philly.

Keep riding the GFS. I can't nail home hard enough why expectations should be even lower than 3-6".

Stop! .35 for nyc

.50 gets to ttn

dca/bwi still get hit hard….

Most times the Euro is to dry within 24 hours of a storm. Happens almost all the time. GFS more accurate at this point

this is a common misconception, the Euro is still the most accurate at this range.  FWIW, the qpf on the Euro and GFS aren't all that different on the 12z runs.

Most if the guidance is around .50 in nyc and .75 into cnj when totaling up all the guidance.

If you are going to manage risk u include all the data. Not just what looks good or bad.

Those are the means

.50 into cnj on the euro.

Last 3 runs of euro into cnj..80 .70 .50

It's on the lower end of the guidance. But it is the euro and is noted.

Just goes to show how a further south PV extension can make a big difference from Wednesdays forecast. The southern stream is virtually unchanged.

12 Wednesday

12z today

Guest Pamela

Their was nothing wrong with my post, you're not a mod and you're not a met either and you need to stop telling other posters what to do, including me.

Well, you did make two posts within 7 minutes of each other (both based on your interpretation of the ECMWF)...one saying "this is borderline for DC"...and a second saying "1.00+ (liquid equivalent, i.e. 10 inches of snow approx.) for DC area"...

Just goes to show how a slightly further south PV extension can make a big difference from Wednesdays forecast. The southern stream is virtually unchanged.

12 Wednesday

attachicon.giff120.gif

12z today

attachicon.giff48.gif

From day one it was all about the PV…SNE was harping on a north trend because it was a sw flow event, it the end this is similar to February 2010 with the pv position and having the final say

Well, you did make two posts within 7 minutes of each other (both based on your interpretation of the ECMWF)...one saying "this is borderline for DC"...and a second saying "1.00+ (liquid equivalent, i.e. 10 inches of snow approx.) for DC area"...

Plus don't forget the post that stated "the euro is really dry across the country" 

Just goes to show how a slightly further south PV extension can make a big difference from Wednesdays forecast. The southern stream is virtually unchanged.

12 Wednesday

attachicon.giff120.gif

12z today

attachicon.giff48.gif

I said the other day 50 miles I'm numerical modeling over 3 days over north America is the width of an envelope. That's always inside the spray

Archived