Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't give up all hope yet guys...there is still some time for this to come back north albeit that window is shrinking but will only take a minor shift and everyone knows some of these models are flopping hundred miles or so each run.

Agree . It will not take much to go north.

The weenie in me is hoping for a tick north but the realistic thinks either things stay as they are hopefully or tick south. We seem to be downplaying the PV too much and the shortwave is too weak to overcome it. I think places near D.C are sitting pretty right now and perhaps Philly and S NJ.

Seems odd this will be a south of the mason event for the following reasons...

1. Climo/early march (this would be a once in a 30-40 year event for them)

2. PV is not pressing that hugely (no huge high is present to our north, some high pressure but nothing of note

3. No significant nao

4. Huge se ridge/high, warmth

5. Energetic warm/wet southern system

But we'll see...models have been going in a surprising direction

The MJO could solidly be in phase 8 next week and things have gotten a lot colder so the snow threats may not be over just yet.

I'll be happy with anything at this point from this and places that haven't benefitted quite as much will get their share from this.

Late next week is our next chance.

The dry air on the north end will eat a lot of what radar might depict as falling snow. I remember there being strong echos overhead for a time on Feb 6, 2010 but there was little making it to the ground, just flurries much of the time. North of White Plains might not have much at all.

The dry air on the north end will eat a lot of what radar might depict as falling snow. I remember there being strong echos overhead for a time on Feb 6, 2010 but there was little making it to the ground, just flurries much of the time. North of White Plains might not have much at all.

Got 2 inches of snow from that storm in Brooklyn while my aunt in Staten Island got 7.

Agree.  I'm thinking I'm likely shut out here.  Cloudy and 20 all day.  Hudson valley is screwed too with the cold dry air draining down the valley.

Seems odd this will be a south of the mason event for the following reasons...

1. Climo/early march (this would be a once in a 30-40 year event for them)

2. PV is not pressing that hugely (no huge high is present to our north, some high pressure but nothing of note

3. No significant nao

4. Huge se ridge/high, warmth

5. Energetic warm/wet southern system

But we'll see...models have been going in a surprising direction

you forgot to include the mammoth -EPO block which is in essence mirroring the effects of a strong Greenland block

This will come north..look a the date and the pattern..DC does not get a foot in a overunning event and we get a few inches and it's March..It will be raining in DC on Monday

Weeniecasting ftw

Archived