Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This JM! This is exactly why you never freak out or change any predictions you have made. 0z tonight would have been the time to do that if this had stayed south.

This JM! This is exactly why you never freak out or change any predictions you have made. 0z tonight would have been the time to do that if this had stayed south.

Well it is hard to call some of these; WNYC, CBS, WINS, were sticking to 6-12 early this morning, now saying 6 for the city and more south, less north. And it sounds like even that may change. Time to sit back and let it roll. I'll be following here and thanks to all for your contributions no matter what they are, there are many nonpros like me who really do appreciate your efforts here.

The NAM is pretty significantly colder thru 39h compared to 6z.  The surface freezing line is off the Twin Forks, PHL is below is freezing as is the majority of NJ with the exception of the SE counties.

This looks nothing like 6z to me, looks much further south.

It was totally obvious the 6z NAM was out of its mind, it had a ridiculous low over WV/VA which the NAM loves to do with placing lows in the wrong place out ahead of shortwaves...Seen it over and over for 13 years. NAM will be a HUGE hit for N VA, but expect continuing trends North with th emain shortwave

No, just some damn respect. It was fairly obvious NAM was up to its old tricks. I expect the 18z NAM to show a stronger wave down south & based on GFS/EURO ensembles a tick north on both of them...NYC will be okay.

Same here the NAM is known to be erratic at any range and you are good with you models ill say that. The 6z GFS was encouraging and would not shock me the least to see the 12Z bump north a good bit with a stronger southern branch

It was totally obvious the 6z NAM was out of its mind, it had a ridiculous low over WV/VA which the NAM loves to do with placing lows in the wrong place out ahead of shortwaves...Seen it over and over for 13 years. NAM will be a HUGE hit for N VA, but expect continuing trends North with th emain shortwave

agreed. ..if u nix the 6z this actually ticked a little north based on 0z it appears.

Archived