Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see this becoming a 12-18 inch snow for NYC area easily on the 00Z 3/2 model suite. I think QPF will show 1.00-1.25" for the New York City area in a few runs. It will likely trend north in my opinion and get wetter.

Appreciate you're optimism and there is an outside chance you are right if someone gets under the best banding. Imo it's Philly but that's only 50 miles south of a big hit here

Relax, models could go right back south at 12z.

We have to see what 12z does to indeed conclusively say that a north trend has started. Doorman did post something that is certainly encouraging to say the least that should help a north trend. Until there will still be silence and/or bickering until the 12z model suite starts im afraid

Keep posting DM.  Great stuff my friend.  Good to have you back more these days following our days of 'quarreling' elsewhere....

We have to see what 12z does to indeed conclusively say that a north trend has started. Doorman did post something that is certainly encouraging to say the least that should help a north trend. Until there will still be silence and/or bickering until the 12z model suite starts im afraid

When does the 12z start rolling... Sry.

it is no great mystery WHY the NAM and the GFS are coming north - more accurate data being fed into the equations because the storm is in range of the west coast sampling - still VERY complex situation now with a few players having to move together down the field at the right speed and direction - somehow 6 - 10 inches seems just about the right totals IMO to be forecasting in the NYC Metro - and then adjust today and tomorrow from there - what does everyone else think ?

DM........

Good to see ya brother.......

it is no great mystery WHY the NAM and the GFS are coming north - more accurate data being fed into the equations because the storm is in range of the west coast sampling - still VERY complex situation now with a few players having to move together down the field at the right speed and direction - somehow 6 - 10 inches seems just about the right totals IMO to be forecasting in the NYC Metro - and then adjust today and tomorrow from there - what does everyone else think ?

Agree fully.

I honestly can't tell ya what to think. JMA/NAM look almost identical. GFS bumped North. EURO went south. Big 12z model suite coming up.

SREFS will be interesting. They are still somewhat north side.

I thought I read somewhere thay there was plenty of sampling offshore from the buoys?

Archived