• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

Yet the ECM is quite warm at 48 hrs out with temps in the mid 30s in land around ABE and upper 30s NYC to 40s to around 50 in Southern NJ.. 

If the Polar Vortex is suppressing this south then I would think these temps be colder, no?

The PV is suppressing the main vort, not the overrunning precip.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of this had to do with a weaker, less consolidated shortwave because a stronger wave would've have pushed the thermal gradient further north and we could have jackpot red by the trends have turned away from that. That I think is more of an issue than the stronger PV.

I don't. Even an amped up s/w would get shredded by that PV as it is modeled currently.

NAM goes 200 miles north after all the fuss south? This is getting down right silly. I like the average from the GFS and the NAM but come on! The same thinking that we were in too much of a bullseye yesterday with 3 days to go is the same reason why this has a shot at coming north with the GFS and Euro with 2 days left. There are too many players on the field to write this off for NYC. Saturday promises to be an emotional day. :)

The NAM consolidates the two pieces too much, unfortunately most likely expect it to shift south next run, however it did have a better shortwave...

RGEM looks more like the globals, anyone have 54 hours? 

Well if it Does than there will be a HUGE hit for the Metro area since this run gives Upstate the biggest totals. 

Well if it Does than there will be a HUGE hit for the Metro area since this run gives Upstate the biggest totals. 

The NAM is putting too much energy with a low out ahead of the main one...It has issues like this a lot....Not trying to rain on your parade as I feel Philly/NYC can do well here...but I've seen this 10000 times. 

Archived