Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CNJ .7 into Monmouth. .8 into Howell. .9 into brick.

.5 nyc.

ok so if we go 12-1  we are looking at 6 inches. Fine . QPF output has been truncated in half throughout day. trends are clear, tomorrow another day. if things stay as is NWS Upton should have W.S.W in place in 3 hours and warning by Sun am. we still have another36 hours of models. sleep well & good luck 2 us

My feeling is that as time goes on Sunday will become snowier and perhaps by some miracle the models are over playing the PV and this could still trend pretty far back in the right direction. Time will tell.

The euro verbatim shows us right on the line. I still would like to wait and see for the data to come in from the s/W hitting the continental US (I believ it's just shy for the 00z runs) and see how models handle this then. Wait and see.

Edit: not saying things will change, just saying this is not set in stone yet. 2/6/10 we were very close and this could wind up very similar, yet remember in this set up, just a 20-30 mile shift changes everything.

ok so if we go 12-1 we are looking at 6 inches. Fine . QPF output has been truncated in half throughout day. trends are clear, tomorrow another day. if things stay as is NWS Upton should have W.S.W in place in 3 hours and warning by Sun am. we still have another36 hours of models. sleep well & good luck 2 us

Yes gone are the 10 to 15 amounts. The city is prob looking at 6. And CNJ prob 8 to 9

It happens.

Lets hope we get a slight tick tomorrow , and that's the end of the southern trend.

ok so if we go 12-1 we are looking at 6 inches. Fine . QPF output has been truncated in half throughout day. trends are clear, tomorrow another day. if things stay as is NWS Upton should have W.S.W in place in 3 hours and

warning by Sun am. we still have another36 hours of models. sleep well & good luck 2 us

Think Upton might just go with a advisory atleast for NYC I say they go with 3-6 or something like that maybe they go with a watch in the am but by Sunday it's probably a advisory unless we see a shift back north witch im really hoping for....

I still cant understand what is happening here. Every met has been saying they expect this not to be another feb 2010 storm..and to move north..but models keep pushing it south.

Hopefully things change tomorrow..

The Euro is the only model that went south at 0z I believe and it's been playing catch up the whole event. Upton even backs up the 2nd part to that statement.

I still cant understand what is happening here. Every met has been saying they expect this not to be another feb 2010 storm..and to move north..but models keep pushing it south.

Hopefully things change tomorrow..

The PV is stronger and temps over the Ohio Valley are colder than expected which is pushing this storm to the south.  Weather is a tricky thing and it can change in a heartbeat.

The PV is stronger and temps over the Ohio Valley are colder than expected which is pushing this storm to the south.  Weather is a tricky thing and it can change in a heartbeat.

Yet the ECM is quite warm at 48 hrs out with temps in the mid 30s in land around ABE and upper 30s NYC to 40s to around 50 in Southern NJ.. 

If the Polar Vortex is suppressing this south then I would think these temps be colder, no?

Archived