• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

If I had to make a call, it'd be 3-5" for our area.....which is still a VERY solid snowfall. Not the 6-10 forecasted by some or the ridiculous 10-15 or 12-18 that I've seen prematurely thrown out there.....but still a very solid snowfall

Sent from my iPhone

lee goldberg just said 12"+ very possible over west/cenrtal NJ... all of somerset county.  he must of been drinking at jetspense's place tonight

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The euro at 12z was .75 in nyc and .90 in Monmouth county. I never like to buy the GFS and NAM until southern branch features

Get east of the Rockies. Precip is the hardest equation to solve so I'm not off this train yet.

If I hav still have the euro at 1 I'm tossing the neck products . The euro ensembles at 12z were as wet as the OP

And inside 72 hours i respect its skill score.

Agree fully with this, and im anxiously awaiting the 00zGEFS to compare them to the OP.

Why, yes. You get a gold star. They do not ALWAYS miss us in March, but they mostly do. I will admit going south is rather unusual for March, but so is this record cold. But John Q Public is going to hear or see ( possibly ) not much snow and 1.) be happy about it and 2.) not care in the least that Richmond or DC got snow. "Better them" John Q will say....but I gotta get some sleep. I hope we get a turnaround, really I do, but hey, it's March. And I'm gonna get grief for posting this stuff which is not model analysis, it's just random thoughts from an old codger.

I hope you dont think I was really giving you grief, I was merely discussing what you posted, thats all...you are one of the "newer" posters that definitely deserves respect for your posts here, even if you are a weenie like the rest of us....lol

Yea I totally agree that it could def change... It's just frustrating when u discuss the apparent trend and some people on this board let there IMBY emotions run the analysis.. If these models had trended northward all day we no one would dare say " oh well I think the next runs could really bring this south a tick" lol the trends is the trend... But it's just my opinion and it very well could shift who knows

I think we all know that the GFS solution from 0Z is not going to be the final solution to this storm and the end result will be something completely different. We're still 2 days out on this. This is a real late-season nailbiter, lol.

I hope you dont think I was really giving you grief, I was merely discussing what you posted, thats all...you are one of the "newer" posters that definitely deserves respect for your posts here, even if you are a weenie like the rest of us....lol

No, I did not think you were giving me grief at all. and yes, I am a weenie. I'm considering a book or article on the topic, which is why I hang out here. A book on snow weenies, not the weather....

At this point I'd hinge my hopes that in that 51-57 hour period on the GFS that lead wave overrunning produces some sort of surprise mesoscale band and someone gets pummelled....

gfs_namer_054_1000_500_thick.gif

Do you have the soundings ? Curious to see ratios here. Just going off 850s I think this is 12 to 1 , but looking

For 700 MB temps.

A psychological thriller??

Heh. I don't think folks here realize how unique they really are. The vast majority of adults in the area will be ecstatic to hear a snowstorm will, or might, miss us. There's a reason people are moving to the sun belt. Y'all are a fascinating,  fun, and smart people, who otherwise are probably perfectly normal  but not when it comes to snow:)

Archived