• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

H5 looked better on this run. This one isn't over.

The southern vort managed to hold together a bit, but it doesn't matter when there is such strong confluence bearing down like that, and everything actually gets pushed ESE. With that confluence IMO even a much stronger vort would still get sheared and pushed ESE

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

H5 looked better on this run. This one isn't over.

I agree with you, this will likely nudge North as we get closer. This is about as far South as the PV can push it imo. There is that Northern sw running out ahead of the Southern sw causing problems though. Not sure if we want it to speed up and get out of there or imo we should be rooting for it to slow down.

You've seen March storms trend south and hit places south of us? A lot?

We should learn from the 2001 debacle and assume this will trend North. The Cras is still way North and leads me to believe that window is still open. We all expected these shifts as the system is now just crashing ashore out West. 

No, I have seen them fail to produce for this area. I really don't care why and neither does the general public.....

But you cant claim victory saying you expected this....when you dont know which way it was going to miss....

I agree with you, this will likely nudge North as we get closer. This is about as far South as the PV can push it imo. There is that Northern sw running out ahead of the Southern sw causing problems though. Not sure if we want it to speed up and get out of there or imo we should be rooting for it to slow down.

You want it to slow down so it doesn't compress the flow even further.

If It slows down then the lead southern s/w has a chance (albeit small in this flow) to amplify the ridging out ahead of it ever so slightly to the point that it would at least not slide ESE off the SC coast. If that northern s/w rides out ahead then the only thing that can happen is the southern s/w continues to dampen.

Just model noise at this point. Big snows coming.

North trend starts with the king euro

Well quite honestly.....it's good to have positive vibes..but why would a north trend start? The models are starting to all converge on a solution. I'm sure if it was a snowy one we'd want to lock it in. But because it's not....well I understand all in all...we love snow and can't help wishing for more :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ppl have been saying " the north trends will start with the next run" and each run has gotten progressively more suppressed and south.. How are you people basing these thoughts? Your inner weenie?

EDIT: this post is a joke do not start firing angry comments

there have been TWO south runs....12z (which wasn't really south) and 18z.....

The southern vort managed to hold together a bit, but it doesn't matter when there is such strong confluence bearing down like that, and everything actually gets pushed ESE. With that confluence IMO even a much stronger vort would still get sheared and pushed ESE

Timing is just bad here. As long northern vort around the PV outruns the southern vort, will see this southern vort get sheared and pushed ESE.

Ppl have been saying " the north trends will start with the next run" and each run has gotten progressively more suppressed and south.. How are you people basing these thoughts? Your inner weenie?

EDIT: this post is a joke do not start firing angry comments

I base them off of past experiences and climatology. 

But you cant claim victory saying you expected this....when you dont know which way it was going to miss....

Claim victory? I have no idea what that means. I'm just sayingthat I have seen March storms fizzle for this area way more often than not. Doesn't mean it can't change, but people should not be surprised or disappointed when this happens. It happens a lot. I work in schools and have seen days canceled in March for storms that were modeled to deliver to the last moment..and failed to. Don't see that as often in Jan or Feb.

Archived