Monty
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it is the NAM, but no doubts about it....it looks terrible

Sent from my iPhone

How does this look terrible for a 66 hr depiction?

f66.gif

please log off the computer and go have a few drinks to tone down your psychosis 

Once again Mixed Signals on here one post says Squashed and South than I'm reading Mod Snow by Hr 66..

Where are you seeing mixed signals? Compared to 18 this is more squashed and south. But yes as Allsnow said it does still snow SOME. Just because its south doesn't mean its not going to snow at all.

every solution in the last 12 hours has given this subforum nothing particularly interesting, surprised that there's still so much discussion of the vagaries of a ho hum early March overrunning situation, seriously we're not looking at a '93 miller a or anything vaguely like the overrunning of the PD storms, so silly, just don't commit suicide, there will be more winters for at least 3-4 billion years on this planet (barring any catastrophic comet impacts here or on our moon)

Where are you seeing mixed signals? Compared to 18 this is more squashed and south. But yes as Allsnow said it does still snow SOME. Just because its south doesn't mean its not going to snow at all.

IF it is still a 6 inch storm than it has my attention I am still hoping it can become the 12+ it looked like yesterday. My point is by reading some of the posts it sounded like barely any appreciable moisture would make it past Philly.

IF it is still a 6 inch storm than it has my attention I am still hoping it can become the 12+ it looked like yesterday. My point is by reading some of the posts it sounded like barely any appreciable moisture would make it past Philly.

Oh okay I gotcha. It's definitely less than 18z but still not terrible.

Yea when I said rain I was speaking to the first part. Was wondering if Allsnow was including that first wave in the qpf or not.

Def south of 18z. At 18z I counted .95 in Monmouth county as frozen. 0z is closer to .70 now.

NYC looks closer to .4 to .5 frozen. At 0z

Def south of 18z. At 18z I counted .95 in Monmouth county as frozen. 0z is closer to .70 now.

NYC looks closer to .4 to .5 frozen. At 0z

That's my point, this is trending slighty worse with each run....by tommorrow, it might really look bad barring a dramatic change of events

This run looks ridiculous, toss it out I do not see that much support for the first wave. Where is the vort max, to me the second wave looks stronger, I will wait for the other models then decide.

agree 100% - the 0Z NAM is putting too much emphasis on the lead wave Sunday thus robbing the second wave of energy and precip coverage - you can tell by the lack of precip coverage - alot of warm air is going to be overrunning and precip is way underdone on that model

Archived