Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't weenie suicide this way. Ive always called this a southern special from the start. Just may adjust my 2-4" to T-2" in and around the city/Northern NJ.

This is going to be a radar disaster up this way, but its all part of the interesting study of meteorology and tracking these suckers. Enjoy down there towards DC however. :

This is what drives me crazy-how can people cancel a storm based on one run, with such a volatile pattern when two runs ago, the same model had the mix line just about to NYC for most of the storm and the heaviest snow along I-84?

Seriously, add some analysis beyond "I saw this first", and "congrats, city XYZ".

live by the models, die by the models. It is way too premature to be making any sort of calls right now. A significant snowstorm is still on the table for everyone. A whiff is also on the table. Our pacific storm hasn't even made landfall yet and the strength of the PV keeps fluctuating from run to run.  irrationality has no place in a scientific based discussion forum, ya'll should be ashamed of yourselves for some of the posts you're writing. 

Oh god not another one of those painful storms.. 2010 once again :(

The models today trended based on a lobe of the PV that strengthened today. That lobe could weaken tonight on the 0z or trend away somewhat from the storm and the precip will come right back north. I'll gladly eat crow if suppression ends up happening but I still think it's pretty unlikely.

This is what drives me crazy-how can people cancel a storm based on one run, with such a volatile pattern when two runs ago, the same model had the mix line just about to NYC for most of the storm and the heaviest snow along I-84?

Seriously, add some analysis beyond "I saw this first", and "congrats, city XYZ".

The latest data is certainly not encouraging at all to say the least. But it's far from over yet and there is still plenty of time (for good or bad that is). And just like we shouldn't pride ourselves in locking in a foot because of a few runs, we should also not jump off a cliff because things went the other way a few runs.

My fear is that NOW the NAM may be too amped and it may eventually cave.

It's a "What have you done for me lately" forum...

The models today trended based on a lobe of the PV that strengthened today. That lobe could weaken tonight on the 0z or trend away somewhat from the storm and the precip will come right back north. I'll gladly eat crow if suppression ends up happening but I still think it's pretty unlikely.

The Euro is still .8 for a lot of people with great 850`s and pp are playing taps . I will never understand this stuff.

This isn't weenie suicide this way. Ive always called this a southern special from the start. Just may adjust my 2-4" to T-2" in and around the city/Northern NJ.

This is going to be a radar disaster up this way, but its all part of the interesting study of meteorology and tracking these suckers. Enjoy down there towards DC however. :

it's humbling being in the presence of a genius of your caliber.

Now you see how bad the 12z GFS was, it didn't matter how much QPF it showed, it was the trend that mattered

I think we all feared that but didnt want to see the writing on the wall, so we go away & breathe and hope there is a 75-100 mile shift north tonight or at the very least 25-50 miles tonight and nother in the am- its still not too late

Pauly,

I expect it will come back north at 00z.

Rossi ,

The GFS is furthest South , hmmmm where have I seen that before 3 days out .( maybe this time it`s right )

The Euro did tick down , but its OP and ENS are  still  8 @ KNYC  and  10 inches of snow for us .

If you lose the Euro tonite, then worry  .

it's humbling being in the presence of a genius of your caliber.

I'm sorry but people can be morons. They don't care to understand the process that will lead to this event and just live and die by every model run, it's pathetic. And I didn't know so many people here could see the future as if this event already happened.

Archived