Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone saying any amounts were a lock yesterday or last night is just clueless. Today even I wouldn't say anything is a lock.

Liking the NAVGEM move given its highly suppressive bias my friend. Dont think this gets squashed to the south. Using 2/2010 the PV wasnt nearly as far south, just my train of thought here who knows i maybe wrong...

Liking the NAVGEM move given its highly suppressive bias my friend. Dont think this gets squashed to the south. Using 2/2010 the PV wasnt nearly as far south, just my train of thought here who knows i maybe wrong...

I still think the least likely outcome is too far south for significant impacts. Mixing though is becoming less likely. I really liked the shift south at 12z, but the PV orientation will dictate what impacts happen.

I really like Philly jackpot again. My early call is 8" again for NYC/li not super fluff but not cement like we have had.

It's time once again for some people to step back and not take any particular model as the final solution untill we are within hi res range

not sure how you can say anyone jackpots when the system is not even on land yet, once on land and better sampled then you can call jackpot until then this thing can and will change

Upton is clearly aware of the south trend : 6-10 for local area. Higher number south lower number North & placement of baroclinic zone obviously determines final accumilations. In short, we have taken a big hit today. there is a chance we move back up...lets excercise patience with a smile. this is weather after all & these r models that finds trends and lose them. By tonight storm will be fully onland and whether you believe in importance of sampling of a hawaii origin storm or not there is no question that more data equals higher accuracy.

Upton is clearly aware of the south trend : 6-10 for local area. Higher number south lower number North & placement of baroclinic zone obviously determines final accumilations. In short, we have taken a big hit today. there is a chance we move back up...lets excercise patience with a smile. this is weather after all & these r models that finds trends and lose them. By tonight storm will be fully onland and whether you believe in importance of sampling of a hawaii origin storm or not there is no question that more data equals higher accuracy.

We haven't taken a hit at all around NYC. If anything I'd say we're better off since mixing appears a lot less likely than it did before 12z.

Archived