• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Central PA & The Fringes - February 2014 Pt. VI

2001kx

The snow here is just crazy. vis down 1/8, maybe lower.

It wasn't much better than 100 yards or so. Visibility improved ever so slightly but so did the flake size. We're at about 5.5" now with this. Looks like we're gonna end up with warning criteria being met here.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just finished cleaning up this round of snow, i really have run out of room to put it here at work. I'll have to go rent a backhoe or call someone in to move my piles. I'm putting this in the books at 1.75" for this event, season at 41.25". With todays 2 hour delay, this makes 17 times our district delayed or canceled. Sounds like our northern friends are having fun as well!

It doesn't appear that there is much rain coming like so many have been talking about later this week.

Back to snowing lightly here at work in Mechanicsburg.  I'm about 7 miles south of Blue Mountain which at the moment is pretty obscured.  So we are getting grazed by the southern end of this last blob of precip.  It probably won't accumulate further as it's pretty light and we're at noon.  Don't know the temp because wunderground appears to be offline at the moment.

Dad reports 1.4" in Williamsport, said roads we're fine, no real big deal. I've been keeping an eye on the ice situation for tomorrow, I just have that feeling things could be a mess for awhile from that.

I warned my roommate he will likely have yet another delayed opening at hacc tomorrow. We picked a good week to get away.

I warned my roommate he will likely have yet another delayed opening at hacc tomorrow. We picked a good week to get away.

profiles look too warm to me for around here to see any significant ice... there is enough salt down on the roads right now that icing on roadways shouldnt be a significant problem especially if timing is late morning to early afternoon... I would say State College/Williamsport area more likely to have issues with shallower layer of air at temps above freezing

Archived