Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 20-22 Winter Weather Threat

snowstormcanuck

Looks like AA was under 45-50 dbz snow earlier lol

The visibility didn't get as low as during the arctic front earlier, but the flake size was the biggest I've witnessed and that combined with daylight and obviously the thunder made it waaay more intense.

**** was so cray

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NWUS53 KDTX 201641
LSRDTX

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI
1141 AM EST THU FEB 20 2014

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

1115 AM SNOW ANN ARBOR 42.28N 83.73W
02/20/2014 M2.1 INCH WASHTENAW MI TRAINED SPOTTER

3 HOUR TOTAL

1125 AM SNOW SALINE 42.18N 83.78W
02/20/2014 E1.3 INCH WASHTENAW MI TRAINED SPOTTER

45 MINUTE TOTAL NOW TURNING TO SLEET

1140 AM SNOW ANN ARBOR 42.28N 83.73W
02/20/2014 M1.9 INCH WASHTENAW MI CO-OP OBSERVER

3 HOUR TOTAL AT U OF M

Well this is horrible timing for our friends out by Mason City, IA... as a blizzard is beginning.

IAC195-201815-BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTEDCIVIL EMERGENCY MESSAGEIOWA EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY DES MOINES IOWARELAYED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DES MOINES IA909 AM CST THU FEB 20 2014THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE WORTHCOUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT.A FIRE THAT IS BURNING AT A FACILITY AT THE NORTHWOOD MUNICIPALAIRPORT CONTAINS SULFURIC ACID. THIS IS A DANGEROUS SITUATION.RESIDENTS OF NORTHWOOD ARE BEING ASKED TO EVACUATE IMMEDIATELYSOUTH OF NORTHWOOD TO THE KENSETT COMMUNITY CENTER APPROXIMATELY 6MILES SOUTH OF NORTHWOOD ON HIGHWAY 65.RESIDENTS WHO DO NOT HAVE TRANSPORTATION CAN BE TRANSPORTED TOKENSETT FROM THE SHERIFFS OFFICE AT 1000 CENTRAL AVENUE NORTHWOODIOWA. IF TRANSPORTATION TO THE SHERIFFS OFFICE IS NEEDED CALL THESHERIFF AT 641-324-2481.REPEATING...THIS IS A DANGEROUS SITUATION. RESIDENTS OF NORTHWOODSHOULD EVACUATE SOUTH OF NORTHWOOD TO THE KENSETT COMMUNITYCENTER.$$

It's been a very cold (freezing?) rain in Dearborn for the past 25 minutes.

It pretty much flipped from Heavy Snow.

I'm not far from Dearborn and I've got 31.6°F and rain, the snow being so relatively high up towards the thermometer right now might be shaving a degree off or something. It's close though, because the rain hasn't really done in much of the snow yet.

I'm not far from Dearborn and I've got 31.6°F and rain, the snow being so relatively high up towards the thermometer right now might be shaving a degree off or something. It's close though, because the rain hasn't really done in much of the snow yet.

Even with the air temperature above freezing, the rain was freezing on contact of the snow.

So I would hav called it freezing rain.

Archived