Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 15 clipper/redeveloper

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few offices and NCEP mentioned the GFS had a feedback issue. Probably why it was able to toss more precip further west vs the sharp cutoff many others are showing. I kind of expect that'll start to mute out in these upcoming runs. I think it's wrong with that.

High stakes game with this cutoff.

I thought a few discussions were siding with the GFS run? Or maybe they were referring to the 6z run. Either way..it was nearly identical.

A few offices and NCEP mentioned the GFS had a feedback issue. Probably why it was able to toss more precip further west vs the sharp cutoff many others are showing. I kind of expect that'll start to mute out in these upcoming runs. I think it's wrong with that.

FB would cause the precip blobs you saw east of the track

I'm almost positive if tends hold, you'll be upped tonight

That's critical, though. Even the slightest tic east -- again, gradient is tight -- and some of the existing warnings seem overdone.

If -- and only if -- the trend continues, then two things happen:

- the warnings will expand and there'll be a much greater impact

- the GFS will deserve credit for the scoop on this one, because it sniffed it out at 18z yesterday while most other models took until 12z runs today to head in the same direction.

Otherwise, the GFS is the "left" goalpost still and reality is somewhere between there and the Euro (with extra weight still on the Euro because it is the Euro).

Thinking is that the H5 low captures the surface low and slows it down as it reaches low 970s as it tracks just east of CHH.  Any farther west and we are rain for a good portion.  Right now we don't need to see a tick west, just show a better precip shield.  Which there should be given that the storm deepens at a 30mb/18 hours rate.

A few offices and NCEP mentioned the GFS had a feedback issue.  Probably why it was able to toss more precip further west vs the sharp cutoff many others are showing.  I kind of expect that'll start to mute out in these upcoming runs.  I think it's wrong with that.

Very curious as to the next run. I don't think it will be west like before.

Nice avatar

RGEM is west again at 18z...this run probably gets close to warning criteria in BOS...almost a half inch of QPF.

All models agree on that being the dividing line, aside of the GFS.  We will see if this is one of those few times the GFS isn't overdone and is actually leading the pack.  My stake in the ground is that although we may see another 30-40 mile wobble, the GFS by and large is overdone.  Banding will be a more significant player vs the more widespread QPF.

Very curious as to the next run. I don't think it will be west like before.

Nice avatar

If it really is convective issues it may not correct for awhile...usually doesn't until the convection fires and it realizes a mega low isn't about to runaway out there.

Then again I'm not convinced that's what happened either (feedback)

Regardless if it pushes the .5 to Union College....it's noteworthy.  If it snaps towards all the others......

If it really is convective issues it may not correct for awhile...usually doesn't until the convection fires and it realizes a mega low isn't about to runaway out there.

Then again I'm not convinced that's what happened either (feedback)

Regardless if it pushes the .5 to Union College....it's noteworthy.  If it snaps towards all the others......

Union College in the Albany area of NY State?

That's critical, though. Even the slightest tic east -- again, gradient is tight -- and some of the existing warnings seem overdone.

If -- and only if -- the trend continues, then two things happen:

- the warnings will expand and there'll be a much greater impact

- the GFS will deserve credit for the scoop on this one, because it sniffed it out at 18z yesterday while most other models took until 12z runs today to head in the same direction.

Otherwise, the GFS is the "left" goalpost still and reality is somewhere between there and the Euro (with extra weight still on the Euro because it is the Euro).

Yup, your right. With the gradient depicted this is still a wicked high stakes forecast. A tick east could be 12 down to 4 or 6 inches.

Either way the gradient will be epic...... Somewhere

but my neighbors in Foster are 6-10, where's Cory?

RIIIIIIIIIGHT HEEERE! You don't think I've been watching every run and reading every post with this one? I said 3 days ago This could be our Foot storm cause I believe EVERY Low that passes ots has a chance to do what this looks like it is going to do. If this trends right..... oh baby.......

None of us will be wrong about mentioning The Holy Grail Stinger...... we will have just been off by a day.

Archived