BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Thursday & Thursday Night Winter Storm Discussion

CT Rain

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, you can see that batch that's going to head through the Hudson Valley--that's a monster dump incoming.  Anything east of that is going to be small potatoes.  I call that earlier HRRR map BS.

In fact, I can see what Ryan was alluding to when he said he thought it migiht go even further west than depicted.  Following the radar, that seems plausible.

Man, you can see that batch that's going to head through the Hudson Valley--that's a monster dump incoming.  Anything east of that is going to be small potatoes.  I call that earlier HRRR map BS.

In fact, I can see what Ryan was alluding to when he said he thought it migiht go even further west than depicted.  Following the radar, that seems plausible.

sure looks that way on the radar loop

Scott--do you think the HRRR is on crack with that depiction/placement?

With the tstms prior to any snow? No they are happening now near NYC, I mean it's tough to sat if it's pff by 20 miles with the actualy heavy snow, but it males sense. Still think Hudson valley to just west of you is best.

How does one post a radar looop?

I'm looking at the weather tap regional radar.  I think if you look at the axis of the radar return from the kicker, you can see energy radar pivoting.  Instead of 'kicking' this system, it looks like it's pulling it. 

I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is what ryan was interpreting from data, but I see this taking a track quite a bit further west that expected and a helluva lot west of what people hope.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

Early on in the day today, one of the mets posted a wv loop and made the comment that the kicker was almost trying to phase with the southern stream.

Look at the radar as mentioned below.  It's plain to see. 

Start clearing the driveways folks.  It's done.

How does one post a radar looop?

I'm looking at the weather tap regional radar.  I think if you look at the axis of the radar return from the kicker, you can see energy radar pivoting.  Instead of 'kicking' this system, it looks like it's pulling it. 

I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is what ryan was interpreting from data, but I see this taking a track quite a bit further west that expected and a helluva lot west of what people hope.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

Archived