• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sambakken
    Newest Member
    sambakken
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

NM, just saw Brandon's post. I'm down with a big sleet storm. Never seen more than an inch of it. I'd like to think we would be able to lay down a few inches of snow first. It's just nice to see it pile up a little bit.

There was one storm back in the 80s, I was in elementary school, so way back. It sleeted all day long! When it stopped or slowed it looked like it would snizzle, then sleet would come back hot and heavy! We had atleast 4 inches of straight sleet! It was amazing

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm down for a ip storm.  I actually would like about 3" of sn then 2" of sleet.  The storm back in Jan. 09 had sn w/ about an inch of ip on top.  Me and the kids had a blast sledding on that.  I took the kids over to Bond Park in Cary and went sledding down that hill for hours.  There were people everywhere.  Good times!

each time a model run comes out people start saying its wrong, and not reality... can someone tell us which model is the right one. It seem everyone is hugging the model that show the best outcome for their back yard.

you will be better off taking a look at the models yourself and forming your own opinions than getting frustrated at what is posted on here

I'm down for a ip storm. I actually would like about 3" of sn then 2" of sleet. The storm back in Jan. 09 had sn w/ about an inch of ip on top. Me and the kids had a blast sledding on that. I took the kids over to Bond Park in Cary and went sledding down that hill for hours. There were people everywhere. Good times!

That would lock down the city for a day or two. :)

Haha, you're right.

WFMY: Wednesday: Mostly Cloudy. 60% Chance of Snow. Significant Accumulations of a Few Inches Possible. High 32.

I don't think it helps that the weekend crew is in now. They should start getting more bullish tomorrow, I'd think. I don't blame them.

Van says models showing a lot more but can't say it yet. Funny he told me back in 2010 he can't say on air what he really thinks because people call and cuss out people who answers the phone when he is wrong with amounts. Lol

I think Packbacker needs to pull the trigger here. It's time.

Tomorrow 12z, the NAM scared me, besides 8-10 hours of sleet sounds miserable, although a 1000 times better than frzn. I will be rooting for CLT and GSO but watching them get 8-10" while we are 2-3" with 2" of sleet will suck. Maybe it falls apart and we get rain, that would be to funny.

Tomorrow 12z, the NAM scared me, besides 8-10 hours of sleet sounds miserable, although a 1000 times better than frzn. I will be rooting for CLT and GSO but watching them get 8-10" while we are 2-3" with 2" of sleet will suck. Maybe it falls apart and we get rain, that would be to funny.

Amen on the ZR. Well, one thing's probably certain...the track is likely not decided yet. Hopefully, it's close though.

each time a model run comes out people start saying its wrong, and not reality... can someone tell us which model is the right one. It seem everyone is hugging the model that show the best outcome for their back yard.

The third Euro Ensemble member is the correct one.

Raleigh had a huge sleet storm in Feb 1987...4-8 inches of sleet...most I've ever heard of

Setup was different than the upcoming storm though...that one was a Miller B - http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/1987/us0216.php

I remember that storm as well.  I was a junior in high school and me and some buddies were out doing donuts on the ice in the mall parking lot.  It was fun until one time my car just slid sideways into a median and bent the rims up.  My dad wasn't very happy! :)

Thanks Met, I think the mtns look good with this one...overrunning with upslope flow followed by a good deform band with the mid-level low

Ya I like the looks of this storm. Some have thrown around the Dec 18th storm to for us.  Will be interesting and exciting. Anyway thanks for the write up and always good to have you on our side.

Jan 22, 1987 is the only Miller A Gulf to Carolina coast type storm where Charlotte got a good snow and Raleigh got shafted with sleet and rain - http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/1987/us0122.php

3UkYjbV.gif

I think I remember that one! Based on the sharp cutoff. I was in Gastonia at the time . It stands out because I remember the weather guy said 10 or 12 flakes might mix in with the rain, we got close to a foot!

Archived