• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 13-15 modeled event increased confidence now.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if the GFS is right, yes. The euro has this too...only more NW.

The ECM is perfect right now, everyone gets snows ;) 

My gut still says east of the ECM, and Murphy's Law seasonal persistence forecast would be whatever solution would be the most painful for NW New England.  You watch, we'll be laughing about this as Will and Kev are dancing under a TSSN comma head.

All joking aside, as awful a model as it is, the 00z CMC looked pretty realistic and a decent medium right now.

Unless the GFS is correct and BGR hits 1.70" QPF!

Haha, yeah someone up in Maine takes this home.

I think we'll see some big band that may remain more transient further south (ie it lifts NW, then moves back SE) in New England, while up in Maine it just sort of sits in the same areas, pivoting from the hip.  I'd probably have trouble sleeping right now if I was Cold Front in Lewiston...like a kid hopped up on sugar. 

The ECM is perfect right now, everyone gets snows ;)

My gut still says east of the ECM, and Murphy's Law seasonal persistence forecast would be whatever solution would be the most painful for NW New England.  You watch, we'll be laughing about this as Will and Kev are dancing under a TSSN comma head.

All joking aside, as awful a model as it is, the 00z CMC looked pretty realistic and a decent medium right now.

I'm just glad a lot of us told you to hang tight. I think you guys will do pretty darn well even with a tick east.

Would that keep you snow thruout?

A track more SE would. Honestly, if the high was north of Maine a track near the Cape probably would be snow here, but the retreating high floods the area from 950-850 with warm air. That even goes for your area too...you'll probably sleet on the euro and get close to 32F as it happens.

I think we'll see some big band that may remain more transient further south (ie it lifts NW, then moves back SE) in New England, while up in Maine it just sort of sits in the same areas, pivoting from the hip.  I'd probably have trouble sleeping right now if I was Cold Front in Lewiston...like a kid hopped up on sugar. 

lol, That will probably be tonight, Certainly in a good spot here but so are many others, This is a decent region wide thump

BTW, I did the radio show last night with DT and Wes, and DT definitely is a good guy on the air. Not exactly what you expect from his facebook posts...lol.

By the way, Great job on there, You echoed your thoughts as that POS Nam was coming out, I see we are not the only ones that feel that way about the Nam although for the folks down south, It's not as bad as the low starts to crank

We'll probably see a bit of everything when it comes to banding. Laterally translating with the WAA as it pushes through SNE, Quasi-stationary in NNE as the low bombs out, and pivoting somewhere down in the Mid Atlantic to southeast NY. You know if the GFS is correct.

We'll probably see a bit of everything when it comes to banding. Laterally translating with the WAA as it pushes through SNE, Quasi-stationary in NNE as the low bombs out, and pivoting somewhere down in the Mid Atlantic to southeast NY. You know if the GFS is correct.

The euro destroys the Maine foothills...wow. Just looking at that.

A track more SE would. Honestly, if the high was north of Maine a track near the Cape probably would be snow here, but the retreating high floods the area from 950-850 with warm air. That even goes for your area too...you'll probably sleet on the euro and get close to 32F as it happens.

Well I still believe the Euro isn't done moving east. Will seemd to think another move Se would happen..And if that does occur it keeps us all snow

I'm just glad a lot of us told you to hang tight. I think you guys will do pretty darn well even with a tick east.

It'll be a nail biter.  I just can't latch onto the ECM though as that's really the only model delivering something worthwhile up here.  But man has it been consistent with this event.

Archived