• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 13-15 modeled event increased confidence now.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know how I feel..I think at least up here it'll end up further SE.  Doesn't matter to me, I don't think this is more than an inch or two here before a change over unless it ends up 30+ outside of ACK.

But we're still about 3 days out and given this winters track record I'd say we're still going to see a 60-100 mile bump in the track up here from "consensus"

I agree that it will prob tick SE more...it rarely makes a large move in one run. Kicker was noticeably faster this run...it dd try and offset it somewhat with a stronger/deeper 5H trough, but the kicker still forced it a shade east of 12z in the end.

I'd expect that trend to continue tomorrow. But at the same time, I think the GFS is going to come NW some more.

I agree that it will prob tick SE more...it rarely makes a large move in one run. Kicker was noticeably faster this run...it dd try and offset it somewhat with a stronger/deeper 5H trough, but the kicker still forced it a shade east of 12z in the end.

I'd expect that trend to continue tomorrow. But at the same time, I think the GFS is going to come NW some more.

I think many in New England see snow with this. Whether it be light or followed by rain.

I'm thinking near ACK or slightly NW, personally. 

I swear the Euro is programmed to not have major shifts and that's part of what makes it great.  It probably helps it not have the fits that the NAM does when a satellite/UA ob is slightly off and uncorrected. 

This looks like a storm that'll have a track that hooks up and then it flattens and goes ENE or NE.  There's really no good solution for me so I'm merely a spectator but my bet is still that this goes between the BM and ACK probably somewhere on the north side of half.

That front end comma head dump is one for the books, just incredible

I don't want to sound like a debbie, but the one just last week was more impressive than what the Euro shows right now. Its not bad...but not 10" in 5-6 hours type stuff. Prob like 6" in 6 hours type stuff. The 12z run was a bit more impressive with the front end dump...but this run fails to get the taint as far as inland as 12z.

I don't want to sound like a debbie, but the one just last week was more impressive than what the Euro shows right now. Its not bad...but not 10" in 5-6 hours type stuff. Prob like 6" in 6 hours type stuff. The 12z run was a bit more impressive with the front end dump...but this run fails to get the taint as far as inland as 12z.

Doesn't sounds like impressive rates or any bombing going on. Well occluded that suggests?

I swear the Euro is programmed to not have major shifts and that's part of what makes it great.  It probably helps it not have the fits that the NAM does when a satellite/UA ob is slightly off and uncorrected. 

This looks like a storm that'll have a track that hooks up and then it flattens and goes ENE or NE.  There's really no good solution for me so I'm merely a spectator but my bet is still that this goes between the BM and ACK probably somewhere on the north side of half.

Euro definitely does that as H5 closes off. Surface low pauses near Delmarva then jumps NE.

Doesn't sounds like impressive rates or any bombing going on. Well occluded that suggests?

Its fine...just not 2-3 inches per hour on the front end like last week. Its like an inch of qpf in 12 hours and well over an inch total for the storm.

Regardless, those details don't mean anything right now anyway.

1 inch in 6 hours?

Its fine...just not 2-3 inches per hour on the front end like last week. Its like an inch of qpf in 12 hours and well over an inch total for the storm.

This storm is brutally complex and confusing. Makes it a lot more difficult when I can't see the model.

Oh well. Im riding 0z gfs by the way things sound. Night! Thx for analysis.

As a side note, I think Bob Costa may be an actual zombie.  WTF.

At 72/75 hours and prior...I don't think there's any doubt the Euro will tick east in future runs.  I could prove to be totally wrong but looking at the nudge at 500mb at 72/75 vs last run...and the incoming features I think it continues.  It looks really good for those same areas outlined earlier Beast-->Sunday River and probably increasing east towards Kevin, Will etc and eventually maybe even down to Bob etc.

Euro definitely does that as H5 closes off. Surface low pauses near Delmarva then jumps NE.

Looking at 5h one can imagine the impact of that northern stream system coming in hot.., we wouldn't see the same hook type track the uk and euro prescribe. Lot of moving parts and I think I'm still not buying the euro evolution up here.

Plus there's the hang bang stuff that will need to be resolved in the next run. Interesting storm, fun for me to look at but a tough one for you guys!

Looking at 5h one can imagine the impact of that northern stream system coming in hot.., we wouldn't see the same hook type track the uk and euro prescribe. Lot of moving parts and I think I'm still not buying the euro evolution up here.

Plus there's the hang bang stuff that will need to be resolved in the next run. Interesting storm, fun for me to look at but a tough one for you guys!

I think we're well positioned to ramp up into this one. Our forecast 5 nights ago was already 50% chance of snow. Now we can start adding details, like "snow could be heavy at times."

Never mind front end, the Euro sets up pretty nice deformation in ENY and VT. I analyzed the qpf maps carefully and .5" more falls here after 3Z Friday. People were posting maps that ended too soon for us here.

Oh I see the 6Z NAM came back to reality, but still east of the Euro models.

Timing-wise, I'm thinking we might eek out early dismissals on Thursday (I had anticipated closings, but it looks later in the past 24 hours) and at least delayed opening on Friday.

It would be a shame to have my daughter's school's Winterfest get snowed out (the 'field day' equivalentfor schools in GC;  skating, sledding, x-c skiing, etc).

I'm counting on ACK or closer for mby and my weekend in the Whites.  :)

Archived